-Caveat Lector-

----- Original Message -----
From: "nexusmagazine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: [CTRL] BSE from space?

> -Caveat Lector-
>
> > Mad Cow Disease 'Came From Space' Says Prof
> >
> >  [Original headline: MAD COW DISEASE 'CAME FROM SPACE' ]
> >
> >Mad cow disease may have been caused by cattle eating dust from space,
> >scientists claim.
> >
> >The experts believe particles from passing comets entered the Earth's
> >atmosphere, bringing with them micro-bacteria.
> >
> >Cows then became infected by eating the bacteria lying on grass in the
> >fields.
>

> Yeah and pigs fly!
>

> For those who are seriously interested in Mad Cow Disease and its
> history, get a copy of
> "Deadly Feasts" by Richard Rhodes.
>
> It is a brilliant book outlining the history of MCD/BSE/CJD starting with
> cannabilism amongst New Guinea highlanders, and their resulting kuru kuru.
>
> Basically the reader realises that cannabilism is linked with this
> epidemic, and that the situation is likely to get worse due to the 20-30
> year incubation period of the disease.
>
> Highly recommended to get a handle on the situation.
>

> regards
>
> Duncan

Hmmmm ... then its a good thing I followed the Bible, as per Genesis 1:29
"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is
upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of
a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat" ... and became a
Vegetarian.

I does however occur to one, that the heathen practice of cannibalism
existed long before the recent mad cow hoopla?   Which would suggest that
this authors contention may not be all that airtight?

V.