From: John Cone
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 12/24/2000 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: [CTRL] [Fwd: Defense 'Train Wreck'

-Caveat Lector-

--- Nessie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "If you think gays can't fight, read a bio of
> Alexander the Great."

  (Reply)
  I do not question the ability of "gays" to
  fight.

> "If you think women can't fight, read a history of
> Dahomey, or Herodotus'..."

  (Reply)
  I do not question whether women can fight,
  they obviously can and do.
  The issue is not whether gays and/or women
  can fight...the issue is the myriad problems
  caused by their presence within the ranks.

  For instance, placing women onboard U.S. Navy
  ships for extended durations in close quarters
  has already caused a whole list of problems.
  This isn't a matter of opinion but fact.
  Not only are there the obvious problems of the
  inevitable sexual relations and resulting
  pregnancies, there are problems with regard to
  morale and military discipline.
  Consider the position of an Officer of Petty
  Officer who must constantly "bend over backward"
  not to show any favoritism but must also somehow
  seek to avoid even the perception of favoritism
  within the ranks.
  Consider the disruption which can (and has) been
  caused when someone charges "discrimination"
  or "sexual harassment".
  When you realize that severe punishment may result
  and careers may be ended just by an individual
  being charged with these things...you should also
  realize the precarious position officers and
  noncoms are placed in simply by the presence of
  these people within the ranks.
  This simply isn't conducive to military discipline.
  Any commander has enough problems to deal with
  without having to add all of the above to the mix.

  As to your statement about a lack of proof that
  Clinton has intentionally damaged and weakened
  our military.....proof of intentions falls within
  the same muddy area as proving so-called
  "hate crimes".
  We know for a fact that Clinton is on record
  as stating his "loathing" for the military.
  This isn't debatable.
  We also know the U.S. Military has been greatly
  downsized and degraded with regard to capabilities
  while Clinton has been in the White House.
  I believe there is enough circumstantial evidence
  to support the conclusion that this was done
  "with malice and aforethought" on the part of
  William Jefferson Clinton.
  In the final analysis, it probably doesn't make
  any difference whether it was intentional or not.
  The damage has been done.

     Regards to All
       Nakano

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing
propagandic
screeds are unwelcomed. Substance-not soap-boxing-please!  These are
sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'-with its many half-truths, mis-
directions and outright frauds-is used politically by different groups
with
major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and
thought.