-Caveat Lector-

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000 10:05:48 -0800 Nessie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>-Caveat Lector-
>Under fascism, the capitalist class OWNS the government. Under
>"communism" the government IS the capitalist class.They're different,
>but not much. Either war, working people have no say whatsoever.=20

OK, lets look at ourselves.  Are we fascist or communist?  It is a given
that corporate america owns the politicians, the process, the judiciary,
etc.  Now are they the capitalist class that OWNS the government
(Fascists)? Or, since their nominal employees are the government, and
they control their employees, are they communists?

I think we are making the same misstake that anthropoligists have made
for years.  Marxist theory was used to 'explain' indiginous behavior.
That forced anthropologists to fit the square peg of observed behavior
into the round hole of Marxist theory.  What we have today is not pure
anything.  It is an amalgum of capitalistic greed mixed with what ever
political form is available and electable.  Let's stop arguing about the
proper label and get to the nut of the problem.  Look at George II's
nominations so far.  Big Business (a lot from big oil) nominees dominate
where money is involved (Treasury, Commerce, OMB, National Security).
Attorney General is Ashcroft, and I can safely say that if he does get in
you can kiss a lot of our rights goodbye, all in the interests of "Law
and Order" which protects big business and government from the rest of
us.  Whitman, not very knowledgable on the environment has thankfullness
(for a big job promotion) and controlability going for her.   Vampire
Capitalism has been with us for over 20 years, and is just now being
recognized for what it is.   George II is putting Vampire Capitalism in
control of the government.    That sucking sound you will soon hear is
the last of our natural resources being vaccuumed out from under us.
Privatizing Social Security is just another way to suck it dry and not
even leave an I.O.U.