-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 12/30/00 1:55:44 AM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> This current survey says these people are newly
>  homeless and one-third are veterans.  This is not surprising under the "We
>  loathe the military" Clinton reign.

http://www.fayettevilleobserver.com/news/archives/1999/tx99oct/n07mpay4.htm

Military pay raises welcomed
Enlisted soldiers and airmen admit that salary increases will play a factor
in re-enlistment.
By Henry Cuningham
Military editor

exerpt

Enlisted soldiers and airmen approve of the pay increases in a defense bill
signed by President Clinton on Tuesday.

‘‘I think it’s a good thing they’re giving us more money for what we do,’’
said Airman Alexis Concepcion on Wednesday. ‘‘We work really hard for what
we get paid for.’’

The bill includes a 4.8 percent across-the-board pay raise on Jan. 1. It also
reforms the pay table. Some 75 percent of all service members will receive a
further pay raise July 1, 2000.
--------
Samantha