All you Democratic senators, listen up: Just say no to Ashcroft!

By BartCop

December 29, 2000 | Senator John Ashcroft (R-Taliban) is a real piece of
work. So far, not one Demo senator had said publicly that he intends to vote
against
this monstrosity for attorney general.I'm white, male, straight,
middle-aged, healthy, employed and agnostic. I don't have that much to fear
from this monster they call Ashcroft.But
if you're not white
if you're not male,
if you're not straight,
if you're very young
if you're retired,
if you're not in good health,
if you're not able to work or
if you have faith in the existence of a Supreme Being, you need the Democrats
right now more than you've ever needed them.Once Ashcroft is confirmed, his
religious insanity will control all federal law enforcement. Jesse Helms is
the only senator who has said, "No" to progress more often than
Ashcroft.Don't you understand what you're about to lose?We both know the
Whore Court will back up any religiously insane ruling Ashcroft makes. This
court is bought-and-paid for, and it's impossible for them to be stopped. If
they could be stopped or overruled, the upcoming president would be the one
we voted for. Ashcroft has very close ties with Religious Right leaders, and
has received 100 percent approval ratings from the Coathanger Coalition and
Phyllis Schlafly's Eagle Forum. Conversely, the National Organization for
Women, the National Abortion Rights Action League, the Human Rights Campaign
and the League of Conservation Voters rate Ashcroft 0 percent.Ashcroft is
about to become the principal enforcer of our nation's civil rights laws and
he holds an honorary diploma from Bob Jones University. If you're Catholic,
you might want to take a picture of your church and hide that picture where
nobody else can find it. Do you think "Mr. Zero Percent" is going to allow
Catholics any "wiggle room?"The time for the Democrats to stand up and grow
some cojones is now. We can't wait another generation, another decade,
another term or another year. The damage is going to be done right away.Swear
to Koresh, the time to fight is right now, but we're in trouble because the
only people who can block this monstrosity from taking over are the
too-scared-to-fight Democrats.I hope you're not too attached to your
religion, because your religion is going to become Ashcroft's religion - and
he worships Bob Jones. Me?I'll be OK.I'm white, so his hatred of minorities
won't affect me.I'm male, so his "women should subjugate" views won't affect
me.I'm straight, so his "The Bible says I must hate you" horseshit doesn't
affect me.I'm middle-aged, so his "let the elderly eat cake" views won't
affect me.I'm healthy, so his "treat AIDS with leeches" mentality can't
affect me.I'm gainfully employed, but then again, his boss hasn't pushed the
first Domino yet.And I'm agnostic, so Ashcroft has no chance of taking my God
from me. So I'm doing pretty good. I don't have that much to fear from the
Ashcroft monster until he decides that free speech on the Internet is "a
clear and present danger," and the Whore Court backs him up.Oh, if only there
was an opposition party to the Republicans . . .