-Caveat Lector-

--- Nessie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  "What I want to know is how many other
  installations  like HAARP there
  are, where they are and what they are up to. HAARP
> is just the one we
> hear about. There MUST be others
> Does anybody on this list have any information on
> this subject that they'd like to contribute?"

  Nakano  replies:
 Yes Nessie there are several others.
 Here are the details I have found.

HAARP project manager John Hecksher told the committee
that the ionospheric heater in Norway is comparable to
HAARP: it has an antenna array very much like what
HAARP will have. However, regarding HAARP's ability to
create a narrow beam, Norway's instrument is two or
three times less powerful than what HAARP will become.

— IONOSPHERIC HEATER RESEARCH FACILITIES
Current or Planned Research Facilities: Listed in
order of final design output power (ERP)
(Transmitter power x Antenna gain = Effective Radiated
Power) (MW = megawatt)
1. HISCAT (International Radio Observatory, Sweden)
(350 MW)
2. HAARP Gakona Alaska (110 MW)
3. EISCAT (Tromsö, Norway) (48 MW)
4. VOA (Voice of America - Delano, CA) (27 MW)
5. SURA (Radiophysical Research Institute, Nizhny
Novgorod, Russia) (20 MW)
6. Arecibo (National Astronomy and Ionosphere Center,
Puerto Rico) (20 MW)
7. HIPAS High Power Auroral Stimulation Observatory
(UCLA Plasma Physics Lab - Fairbanks Alaska) (17MW)

NOTE:  In addition to these "ionospheric heaters",
there are similar but secret installations known
to be operating in Canada, Russia, and Australia.

Regards to All
    Nakano

http://photos.yahoo.com/