Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 19:46:34 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: CAUS COMMENTARY: To Continue or Not to Continue?

CAUS COMMENTARY: To Continue or Not to Continue?

As we begin a new millennium, I want to thank all those people
who have supported CAUS in the past as well as the few who
continue to do so in the present.

Three years ago, in January 1998, I resurrected Citizens Against
UFO Secrecy (CAUS) as an Internet-based organization and created
a web site and daily mailing list called "CAUS Updates."

During those three years, CAUS has filed three federal lawsuits
against various agencies of our government in the hope of
learning more about these enigmatic "strangers" in our skies, in
our homes, in our dreams and in our reality.  The lawsuit against
the Department of Defense is presently on appeal and should be
heard toward the end of the year.  During those three years CAUS
has grown from a few hundred members to several thousands.  The
CAUS web site continues to share the most recent evidence of our
contact with another form of intelligence.  "CAUS Updates" has
been transformed into "CAUS Highlights" which continues to be
distributed free on a daily basis.

In 1998 I decided to forsake the general practice of law and
focus my energies on the directorship of CAUS.  For over two
years, member contributions, both financial and non-financial,
gift shop orders, and miscellaneous other income have allowed me
to devote more than a considerable amount of time to what once
had merely been a hobby.  Unfortunately these contributions,
except for a handful of loyal supporters, have ceased.  Only 3
members purchased any products from the CAUS gift shop during the
Christmas season. Only 16 members have recently contributed to
the $1-a-month-club.

Thus, two months ago, I decided to accept a position with the
Navajo County Public Defenders Office on a full-time basis.
Though now defending the rights of Native Americans, I will still
maintain my position as the director of CAUS and will continue to
pursue an end to UFO secrecy and champion our right to know the
truth about this intelligence that is interacting with our
species.  I would also like to continue the postings on the CAUS
web site and the distribution of the daily "CAUS Highlights" as
well as the "Non-UFO Sunday" messages.  But that decision is
yours to make for me.

The daily "CAUS Highlights" and "Non-UFO Sunday" messages are
sent to over 5000 people and read by many more.  Though my
"spare" time is now very limited, I would be willing to continue
to distribute the daily e-mails to the entire list if as little
as 10% (500) of the present subscribers join the $1-a-month-club.
Instructions on joining can be found on the CAUS web site at:
http://caus.org/dollar.html

During the past three years I, as well as CAUS, have planted many
UFOlogical seeds.  It appears that it is now time to be patient
and wait for the seeds to germinate, the "phenomenon" to become
re-active and pro-active, and long-prophesied "something" to
happen. In the meantime, in order to support myself, I have
reentered the world of trials and tribulations.  If you, the CAUS
supporters, want me to also continue in the world of the
"ufolawyer" I, along with the CAUS webmaster, will need your help
in return.

Peter A. Gersten Executive Director Citizens Against UFO Secrecy
(CAUS) "To leave the list, send an Email message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with a one line message in the BODY of your
email: unsubscribe causlist"

CAUS P.O. Box 2443 Sedona, AZ 86339 520-203-0567
http://www.caus.org

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:
                     *Michael Spitzer* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>