[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> That bet, too,
>  has been lost: Bush, who managed to earn a graduate degree from
>  Harvard while Gore failed to complete two different graduate
>  programmes, is moving with intelligence, vigour and purpose in
>  directions that put him on a collision course with Blairite
>  policies, and that threaten the ìspecial relationshipî.

  If Daddy can arrange to keep his son out of Nam and Daddy can arrange for
his son to be appointed to his own lost second presidential term, then surely
Daddy can arrange for a graduate degree.  Considering that GW cannot even
conjugate a verb, that degree must have cost a fortune.  What a perfect time
for my favorite Bushisms......

http://slate.msn.com/Features/bushisms/bushisms.asp

"They misunderestimated me."—Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"I also have picked a secretary for Housing and Human Development. Mel
Martinez from the state of Florida."—Austin, Texas, Dec. 20, 2000

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because
it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."-- Austin, Texas, Dec.
20, 2000

"The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to
interpret law."—Austin, Texas, Nov. 22, 2000

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some
kind of federal program."—St. Charles, Mo., Nov. 2, 2000

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."—LaCrosse,
Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

"Drug therapies are replacing a lot of medicines as we used to know it."

"I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun."

"Our priorities is our faith."—Greensboro, N.C., Oct. 10, 2000

"I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy."—Redwood, Calif., Sept. 27, 2000

"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our
imports come from overseas."—Beaverton, Ore., Sep. 25, 2000

"A tax cut is really one of the anecdotes to coming out of an economic
illness."—The Edge With Paula Zahn, Sept. 18, 2000

"I don't know whether I'm going to win or not. I think I am. I do know I'm
ready for the job. And, if not, that's just the way it goes."—Des Moines,
Iowa, Aug. 21, 2000

"We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold
our allies hostile.''—Ibid.

"I have a different vision of leadership. A leadership is someone who brings
people together."—Bartlett, Tenn., Aug. 18, 2000 (Thanks to Tarja Black.)

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."--Reuters, May 5,
2000 (Thanks to Allison Fansler.)

"Laura and I really don't realize how bright our children is sometimes until
we get an objective analysis."—CNBC, April 15, 2000

"Reading is the basics for all learning."—Announcing his "Reading First"
initiative in Reston, Va., March 28, 2000 (Thanks to Carl LaRocca.)

"It is not Reaganesque to support a tax plan that is Clinton in nature.''—Los
Angeles, Feb. 23, 2000

"I understand small business growth. I was one."—New York Daily News, Feb.
19, 2000

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and
principles, come and join this campaign."—Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

"How do you know if you don't measure if you have a system that simply
suckles kids through?"—Explaining the need for educational accountability in
Beaufort, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."—Greater Nashua,
N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"—Florence, S.C.,
Jan. 11, 2000

"Keep good relations with the Grecians."—Quoted in the Economist, June 12,
1999

"Kosovians can move back in."—CNN Inside Politics, April 9, 1999

"It was just inebriating what Midland was all about then."—From a 1994
interview, as quoted in First Son, by Bill Minutaglio
------
Samantha