-Caveat Lector-

.There are some scholars who claim that AIDs is caused by Paraffin on
apples, and others who believe the earth was created 6,000 years ago by
a big man living in the clouds.

That in no way refutes the work of Raphael Patai, Merlin Stone or Marija
Gimbutas.

>It's a fine theory, but there is no evidence. No archaeologists have
dug up a 'witch temple' dating from then to now.

Witches do not worship in temples. Some pagans worship in temples, but
not all pagans. Witches are pagans who do not.

>No latin or greek books on the subject. Nil. Like all religions, the
adherents have blind faith, and this is one aspect of it.

The religion, and the faith people have in it, are quite different
things from scholarship about it.

>Murray's work draws mainly on testimony given to inquisitors by accused
witches who were tortured. She postulated that because testimony from so
many different individuals in different parts of Europe shared common
themes, there must be something to it. More likely is that the
inquisitors had a script of accusations which the tortured individuals
were all too ready to agree with.

Murray's work has been discredited. So what? The point is not whether or
not she was correct, but that she predated Gardner. Ergo, Gardner did
not make it up. He built on the work of others.

>The thing that gets me is that most wiccans (and I have known a few)
are just as ignorant and deluded as most fundamentalist Xtians.

We are not discussing Wiccans or their beliefs. We are discussing the
work of the scholars who study them. It's a different subject.

<A HREF!ttp://www.ctrl.org/">www.ctrl.org</A>
DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER
İİİCTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİÚrchives Available at:
 <A HREF!ttp://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html">Archives of

 <A HREF!ttp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/">ctrl</A>
İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİo subscribe to Conspiracy Theory Research List[CTRL] send
email: