-Caveat Lector-

Prudy,
The course of your bigorty is as predictible as it is cliched.  I
anticipated exactly correctly that your memory would produce just such
disinformation as it always does when it serves your purpose to depict
anything Southern as bigoted, evil and fraught with racial strife.  I took
the liberty of contacting an expert on the subject who is a blues singer
himself and was asked to speak on the subject and perform at the dedication
of her museum and below I have his comments.  Feel free to contact him on
the subject if you do not believe me. But with his being just an ignorant
Southerner, I am sure you know more and better about this than even her
family and the man driving the car when she was killed from whom this
information was obtained.

Well, to which one are you referring--the dentist who believed Negroes did
not have souls or the ones who threatened you for employing a black man for
the antenna?  You may well have been threatened if you used a non-union
electrician, just as I was once in Illinois but how can you possibly contend
you were threatened for employing a black person when half the whites in the
South do that very same?  You are leaving out some crucial detail such as
his union status in order to make it appear racially motivated.  Tomorrow
you may just as well post something about whites exploiting blacks by
employing them in their homes with no benefits.  For years and even a couple
of generations, literally ALL household help in the South was black as you
and anybody else who has watched even a movie from the era you mentioned
knows--blacks portrayed only as butlers, maids, gardeners--more stereotyping
as they were also teachers, professionals, etc.  So please tell me how JUST
PRUDY was singled out from literally millions to be threatened for employing
a black man?

Hate the South and all things Southern all you want for by the time we reach
adulthood, we have a skin so thick in this regard that you CANNOT penetrate
it.  You do not have that power.  Hate away but do not lie for you will be
called on that.
Amelia
Who does not post unless she is at least conversant in the subject and does
not feel she is an authority on every subject ever posted as some people on
this list do.

This is from Dalton Roberts, Blues Singer and as close to an expert on the
subject as will be found: