-Caveat Lector-

Samantha
Some things cannot be proved or disproved by an Internet URL but in response
to your claim to have "refuted" what I said concerning local politics, I
offer you the following which is still working as of this morning.  It is a
listing of every Republican candidate who ran in the State of Alabama at the
local level.  I counted a dozen or more counties with only one and a few are
not even listed, having none as yet.  If you eliminate the office of
constable as there are dozens--pretty much anybody who wants to be one--it
is apparent that there are less than even 10% of the candidates at the local
level statewide who are Republican.

In 1995 I attended a RNC meeting where it was discussed that the goal was to
have at least one candidate on every ballot in every county.  That goal has
not yet been met but I do see lots of progress has been made.  No, Samantha,
I do not have a url for that meeting but assure you it happened.  The sky is
blue and grass is green but I cannot prove it by an Internet url.  How sad
some are coming to believe if it is not on the 'Net, it is not real.

So, Samantha, if you think with fewer than 10% of the candidates, the polls
are run by Republicans in the South, your mind is so distorted that it will
never see the truth of the matter and I give up.

Who was it that said "All politics are local"?  It was only in recent years
that there were ANY Republicans running for local offices.  One ran as a
Democrat locally but could support a Republican candidate for governor,
president or congress.  Long story on why.  I was merely trying to tell how
it is.

So if the polls are run by Republicans with the DOJ trial starting tomorrow,
I believe it was, we can have indictment after indictment as soon as next
week!  I am sure the Democrats will not let this "massive"
disenfranchisement happen without bringing lots and lots of charges against
those evil Republican poll workers who did all these things.
Ha!  Once again I contend polls in the South are run by Democrats and almost
exclusively so.  There are, of course, always exceptions and a few
Republican poll workers manage to sneak in but by and large it is the
Democrats show for better or worse.

So now I, too, have wasted my time talking to a brick wall as if one does
not want to believe something, they just do not.  But for the benefit of
anybody with a mind open enough to grasp this, it will clear up a lot of
things.
Amelia

Subject: County Offices