-Caveat Lector-

>Nessie, this Lederman dude is a crank.

That’s a matter of opinion. It’s also irrelevant. Like anyone’s report
of events, Lederman's should be judged on the basis of how well its
contents coincide with the empirical evidence and not on the relative
sanity (whatever that means) of the author.

>Uses LaRoucheite book on Bush (Tarpley and Chaitkin)

So what? Like anyone’s report of events, those of Tarpley, Chaitkin and
LaRouche should be judged by their contents, not the politics of the
authors. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and all three of
these guys have, on occasion, proven dead right about stuff that nobody
else was reporting at the time. This doesn’t mean we should accept their
political analysis. We should not. But we should separate the empirical
data from political analysis and judge it on it’s own merit.  Should the
world have rejected Stalin’s contention that Hitler was a menace just
because Stalin was a mass murderer? Should the world dismiss Hitler’s
contention that Churchill was an imperialist, just because Hitler is
known to have lied about the Jews? Of course not. Each claim needs be
evaluated on it's own merits.

We must learn to distinguish between the message and the messenger.

>and much worse has same booking agent as nutter David Icke

I don’t think Icke is a nut at all. I think he knows exactly what he is
doing. He’s a classic disinformationist using the classic
disinformationist technique of mixing some truth (the bait) with some
lies (the trap).  I would be genuinely surprised to find out he actually
believes the lies he tells. It’s far more likely that he’s in it for the
money.

>and relies on his "research."

It is important to distinguish between Icke’s research, which reeks of
flawed methodology, and his sources, some of which are valid and some of
which aren’t.

It is also important not to distinguish between rebuttal and ad hominim
attack.  My old debate coach, back in high school, taught us that when
the opponent resorts to an ad hominim attack, (s)he is either out of
ammo, out of brains, or (most likely) out of both.

<A HREF!ttp://www.ctrl.org/">www.ctrl.org</A>
DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER
ÝÝÝCTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic

ÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÚrchives Available at:
 <A HREF!ttp://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html">Archives of

 <A HREF!ttp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/">ctrl</A>
ÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝo subscribe to Conspiracy Theory Research List[CTRL] send
email: