The Committee for National Solidarity
Tolstojeva 34, Belgrade, YU
This press release was sent out last night.  Please note  the invitation to
The Day of Truth
in 'Add Copy': any feedback from Yugoslavia re the situation in the FRY
would be appreciated.

Immediate Release from CANA Christians Against Nato Aggression

note our new e mail address; it is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(discard any other)

tel/maual fax 44 20 88 02 21 44

83 Black Boy Lane London N15 3AP UK

ADVICE TO KOSTUNICA: RESIST CARLA'S CHARMS

Carla del Ponte should be shunned by all right thinking people, particularly
in Belgrade, says William Spring, CANA Director.

'Many years ago a distinguished journalist said to me: "my dear boy,
everything is permissible, except bringing the law into disrepute."

The comment, thrown out almost inconsequentially, while he, & we, (his
acolytes),were engaged in the obligatory muddy walk around Robertsbridge
has remained graven in my memory.

He made the remark in relation to the Nuremberg Trials & I'm sure if
Malcolm Muggeridge were alive today he would feel the same sentiments at the
obscene spectacle of the quasi- judicial tart, Carla del Ponte hawking her
wares all around Middle Europe.

What does she want to go there for? She's already had Jamie Shea, (in a
linen cupboard @ The Hague), & Cook, or Cook's had her, (ugh!),
she's even had the irresistible Albright.

Who else can she impress with her forensic charms?

Why does she so desperately want to be introduced to Vojislav Kostunica?

What exactly is she offering the Serbian people? A fair trial for Milosevic?

Evidently not. No trial at the International Criminal Tribunal for The
Former Yugoslavia (ICTFY) can be fair: such a concept is alien to a Court
funded by Soros & the CIA, offering the very best in kinky so called
justice,
(secret indictments/masked witnesses / headless judges
& ku klux klan style institutionally racist inquisitorial prosecutors).

Could Carla del Ponte ever offer to hand over for trial before the Yugoslav
Courts, the NATO leaders?
Obviously not. And the point is there are indictments in Serbia against all
the NATO leaders.
No discussion therefore should be held with Ponte about anything until first
all the NATO leaders surrender for trial in Belgrade.

CANA requested that she commence proceedings against the western leaders
responsible
for the March 99 NATO bombing of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.
She refused, as she, & her predecessor Ms Arbour, refused many other
requests of a similar character from human rights
groups & jurists world-wide.

Her sudden discovery now that we might have a case after all; when so many
people are dying of leukemia, & the DU scandal cannot be hidden any longer,
tells us volumes about
her cynical approach to her supposed duties.

The ICTFY was never set up to try War Crimes, but to persecute the Serbs.

They are & have become sacrificial victims to expiate the failure of
US/British & French policy
which has handed hegemony of the Balkans to the new German Reich.

CANA welcomes the decision of Mr Kostunica not to meet Carla del Ponte in
Belgrade; we trust that in difficult conditions he finds a way to maintain
the integrity of the Yugoslav constitutional process, & to remind the world,
when he has the
opportunity, (perhaps with Tim Sebastian on Hard Talk due to be screened on
BBC 24 Hours 18th January) who the real aggressors are & were.

'Yugoslavia's crime in the eyes of the West was one & only one: it did not
have a
nuclear weapon. Only for that reason was it an appropriate target for a
humanitarian war.'

WILLIAM SPRING ADDS THIS FURTHER COMMENT REGARDING THE
DEATH OF AUBERON WAUGH:

Today a great sadness has afflicted us, a sense of loss for someone I can't
say I ever really knew, except very indirectly, having come into
contact with Auberon Waugh through the ICBH, (Institute of Contemporary
British
History) which sponsors lectures & seminars etc at the University of London
Senate House
(Local History Room) & I had corresponded with him about CANA & other
issues.

He knew about CANA & CJPY & was very sympathetic to us, & our aims.
Every fortnight or so since Blair's War he'd used his column in The Daily
Telegraph to tell Blair what a dishonest & beastly idiot he is.

His father Evelyn Waugh, apart from being, (with George Orwell), the
most distinguished English novelist of the twentieth century, during the
second world war was parachuted into Yugoslavia, together with Randolph
Churchill, son of the British Prime Minister.

Evelyn Waugh's gift was bequeathed to his son, & his political opinions (at
least in terms of support
for the Yugoslav state, our former allies, who made common cause with us
against Hitler,
before America even entered the war.)

Auberon Waugh's death at 61 is a profound loss: but the mantle of Elijah
has already fallen upon Elisha;
& his friend columnist A N Wilson will continue to defend Serbia &
international law, and the acerbic,
only occasionally misanthropic satirical tradition of English journalism,
(of Swift, Chesterton, Muggeridge,
Orwell, & the Waughs, a literary craft but vaguely understood, or not at
all, by most of our serious minded
American cousins.)

>From CANA we send our our condolences to the family of Auberon Waugh.

William Spring London 17th January 2001

Add Copy: DAY OF TRUTH:

CANA (Christians Against Nato Aggression) is having its Second One Day
Conference on 24th February 2001 @ The Friends Meeting House Euston Rd
London, simultaneous with the CJPY (Campaign for Justice for the People of
Yugoslavia)
'DAY OF TRUTH ABOUT YUGOSLAVIA'. Our aim: to expose the rotters.

Details from CANA Tel 44 20 88 02 21 44

[EMAIL PROTECTED] or from CJPY [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Further information re speakers etc will be sent with our next transmission

Mrs Jela Jovanovic, art historian
Secretary General