-Caveat Lector-

WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peace at any cost is a Prelude to War!

Has Chinagate crept into the Bush Administration?

By Chuck Baldwin

January 16, 2001

This past Sunday, NewsMax.com published a disturbing report stating that
perhaps communist China's surreptitious intrusions into our government may
now even include high-level appointments inside the Bush administration.  To
quote NewsMax:

"Elaine Chao, the wife of Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and the woman
selected by President-elect George W. Bush to replace Labor
Secretary-designate Linda Chavez, had several contacts during the 1990's
with key Chinagate figure John Huang.

"Deposition transcripts taken by Judicial Watch, a Washington-based public
interest law firm, and released exclusively today to NewsMax.com, reveal
that Huang's relationship with Chao may have been more significant than
previously disclosed.

"Huang has already admitted to at least one illegal donation to the campaign
of Chao's husband, Sen. McConnell."

As most of you probably already know, John Huang is the Chinese operative
who helped funnel perhaps millions of dollars in illegal campaign
contributions to Bill Clinton, the DNC and even Republican coffers during
the past decade. You probably also recall that it was the Lippo Group, the
Asian banking conglomerate founded by Indonesian billionaire, Mochtar Riady,
who has close ties to communist China, that financed Huang.

NewsMax further notes that, "Under intense questioning by Judicial Watch
Chairman Larry Klayman, Huang repeatedly invoked his Fifth Amendment
privileges when asked to detail his relationship with both McConnell and
Chao. Huang was later cited for contempt." Huang also stated that he had
several private meetings with Chao, but refused to release details.

Please remember that the reason Bush gave for sacking Linda Chavez was that
she ostensibly didn't reveal her involvement with that illegal immigrant.
Are we now to assume that Bush knew about Chao's involvement with John Huang
before naming her as Labor Secretary-designate?

And just what was her involvement with Huang? What favors did Huang (a.k.a.
China) receive in exchange for those illegal contributions to her husband's
Senatorial campaign? And what was the essence of Chao's meetings with Huang?
What (if anything) does she owe to China?

NewsMax quoted Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton as saying, "The Senate
needs to probe whether Chao revealed her relationship with Huang."  Without
professing a gift of prophecy, I will predict that none of the Senators
charged with Chao's confirmation (Republican or Democrat) will make any
inquiries into these matters. Neither will you hear members of the national
press corps raise any of these concerns.

Fitton was also quoted as saying, "I think that at least Elaine Chao should
be held to the same standard as Linda Chavez.." She won't be.

Ever since the impeachment proceedings, it has been painfully obvious that
Chinagate has compromised both parties in Washington, D.C. Recall that it
was the Republican leadership that put a halt to David Schipper's
investigation into Chinagate. If we really knew how deep and penetrating the
influence of communist China's subversion of our political system runs, it
would probably scare us all half to death.