-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 1/22/01 8:07:56 PM Mountain Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< < Can Bush just cut off funds to international family planning
  agencies? Doesn't this kind of thing need approval....need to go
  through committees? Require congressional approval? Is he some
  kind of emperor or Czar who can just say "This is how it's gonna
  be."  ? >>

 I don't know what it takes, but Reagan and Bush both did it.  They simply
 stop all funds to family planning agencies in countries where abortions are
 permitted.  It seems strange to stop allowing birth control to be taught in
 order to reduce abortions, but it is much admired by the Catholic Church.
 Wasn't it Romania where the law forbade both birth control and abortion which
 resulted in the horrific orphanage conditions with babies dying one after the
 other, and toddlers who spent their lives in barred beds.   Still no one
 cares much about the abuse and death of infants as long as there is no
 abortion.  Just one of those things.  Prudy >>

It's about time we started thinking about things in the States and let other
countries worry about their own problems.  I'm sure if you would like to make
a personal donation to these other countries to continue abortions or birth
control products or education ... they would appreciate your efforts.  We
need to stay out of other countries affairs and handle our own problems.  We
have enough problems to keep the government busy forever, not that government
ever solved anything.

Regards,
Bob Stokes