-Caveat Lector-

From: "Aleisha Saba" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> He stared at my dog, who suddenly started to white, and ran around this
> man, and out the back door......so I had a cowardly dog - but when I
> called K 9 Choir this man was angry, and said if he tried that with one
> of his dogs, less than a 2nd the guy would be dead but he shared no
> secrets.

Nothing 'secret', just a knowledge of canine behavior and psychology...

While you may interpret your pet's coming to your side when the workman came in as a
sign that the dog was
protecting you, in reality it was displaying 'beta' traits by joining forces with you,
the perceived 'alpha'
member of the 'pack'...

And staring is a common way canines use to display, and assert, dominance.  The
workman just used that known
trait to assert his dominant, 'alpha' status to the 'beta' member of your pack -- your
pet dog -- who reacted
just like a 'beta' member and retreated.

I presume that "K 9 Choir" is a place that trains guard dogs, and as such the owner of
such a business would
only have dogs that are 'alpha' material...and if you get two 'alphas' trying to
assert dominance, you end up
with a fight.  THAT is why that man said his dogs would kill that man who played the
'alpha' game with your
dog, not because of some sort of secret...

June