-Caveat Lector-

From: "Fred R. Saluga" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>     I am beginning to start this project once again and hope to have it
> completed by early fall, if all goes well. I would like to thank those of you
> that participated in the intitial research and answered my survey. I hope
> that you will again take the time to complete the below listed survey.

Good luck.  Methinks you'll find the people here a tad too paranoid to be willing to
answer, especially
'Kindred Spirit' who insists that no one ask her/him personal questions...   ;-)

>  2. Would you list the reasons that you believe that law enforcement officers
> do not want to get involved in the investigation of UFOs ?

Takes away from their donut time at the local diner...

>  3. Should UFO related incidents be investigated by:

Poets, musicians, and artists of all genres...

>  4. Law Enforcement Officers are the first to receive a call from someone who
> has had a sighting or other related UFO incident.

Not necessarily.  In some locales the local airport may be called first...or the local
radio talkshow...

> What steps do you believe
> law enforcement should take after receiving a call?

Leave those donuts dunked in the cuppa and get off their diner stools and go
investigate the report...

>  5. Do you believe that Law Enforcement would participate in a UFO COverup?

Quite frankly, on a local level, no...I believe local LEOs would be as in the dark as
regular folk, and be fed
the same line of BS from those they themselves sought answers from...

Let's face it...it's not your local Barney Fifes who are orchestrating the whole UFO
brouhaha...

Now, national-level law enforcement agencies are another case altogether...

>  6. There have been numerous sightings of UFO's by the Law Enforcement
> Community in recent years and the Officers involved have come forward and
> reported the incidents to the media.
>     A. Do you believe that the law enforcement community is starting to look
> at the UFO Phenomena more seriously and changing their attitudes?
>     B. What do you believe is the reason that UFOs are appearing more and
> more to the Law Enforcement Community?

It's probably more a case of boomer-generation officers being more willing to discuss
sightings, where their
predecessors decided that discretion was the better part of valor, when it came to
reporting seeing something
strange in the sky...

So what I am saying is that it is not necessarily a case of more instances of LEOs
being involved in Close
Encounters of the One thru Infinity kind, but rather that a new generation of cops is
more willing to go
public with their experiences...

>  8. Should the Law Enforcement Community should take alien abductions
> seriously and if you were a law enforcement officer, how would you proceed
> with this type of an investigation?

Just the facts, ma'am....(and sir)...

>   9. There are many psychological, physiological and adverse conditions
> associated with UFO incidents. Do you believe that the law enforcement
> community can handle these incidents objectively?

Can anyone?  There are psychological, physiological and adverse conditions associated
with all manner of
non-UFO incidents that LEOs have to deal with every day; some handle it well, others
don't.

June