-Caveat Lector-

> You might want to do a bit more research on vouchers before
> getting so upset.  That is not the way they work and they
> WILL have the money to use to educate their children in the
> school of their choice. It will not require anybody to be
> wealthy to educate their children as the vouchers are issued
> based on the child, not income with a set amount per child.
> This amount will fully cover the cost of the education of
> that child and will be sufficient for that at a number of
> schools.

until the schools start raising prices as the market dictates, of course.
surely the tuition will not be REQUIRED to be the amount handed out as a
voucher - otherwise, what would the purpose of privatizing be? do you
suggest that the government should regulate the prices? in that case, why
bother with the whole thing at all? surely not to make the insignificant
portion of the population that goes to private schools nowadays more happy.
if the issue is getting out of the ghetto, i have a story for you: i
attended a school outside of my district simply because i applied to and
because my marks in jr. high were good enough to justify it. if this
loophole is not available in the US perhaps this is something you should
look into as it would save a lot of time, effort and dangerous circumstances
for the future of your country.

this is definately an attempt at segregation.

now, of course, certain schools will be set up as 'voucher schools'.
but i wouldn't want to send my kids to one of those.
as they will simply replace the inner city schools of today.

>Most blacks are for the idea as they can then send
> their children to schools outside the black neighborhoods.

assuming they get accepted [remember - these are private schools. acceptance
is not guaranteed].
once these schools start getting run by people with bad race
records....which is, of course, inevitable as they're the ones with all of
the capital......

i'm sorry amelia, but you've gotta look deeper than what they're telling you
on the surface.
you're regurgitating *exactly* what they're trying to cram down your throat.
please read my other reply for a better argument..

inri