-Caveat Lector-

-----Original Message-----
From:   Rich Cowan
Sent:   Fri 1/26/2001 7:11 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        [RWWATCH]  Missouri Official Denied Holocaust (Under
Ashcroft Tenure)

Here is a tidbit sent to me when I was down in DC for the
inauguration.  It might be worth looking into these articles
from the Star and Post Dispatch.

If anyone can help dig them up, please email the text of
the stories to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  thanks Jan!
-rich

>Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:46:53 -0500
>From: "Jan B. Tucker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: [RWWATCH]  Good Luck!
>
>People who know me know that I rarely -- if ever -- forget anything.
>
>This is when this trait comes in handy.
>
>John Ashcroft was Governor of Missouri in from January 1985 to January
>1993.
>
>During his tenure, William Armentrout III was Warden of the State
>Penitentiary and Chief Executioner of the State of Missouri.
>
>In 1985, Ernst Zundel -- infamous Holocaust Denier (just put in the
name in
>any search engine and see what you find) -- was on trial in Canada for
>promoting hate in violation of the Canadian anti-hate law.
>
>Guess who testified for the defense?  William Armentrout, Chief
Executioner
>of the State of Missouri, who got up and claimed that it was impossible
>gas all those millions of people.
>
>I got it exposed around that time period in the state of Missouri.  If
>recall correctly, I got the story on page one of the Kansas City Star
and
>the St. Louis Post Dispatch.
>
>What exactly did Governor Ashcroft do about this?  Armentrout should
have
>been fired.  He wasn't.  Was he disciplined....I don't think so.....
>
>Spread the word about this.  People in the Senate need to start asking
>Ashcroft what he did about the Armentrout-Zundel affair.
>
>Jan Tucker

Organizers' Collaborative      PO Box 400897, Cambridge MA  02140
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                         www.organizenow.net

|- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This message was sent via RWWATCH, a low-traffic forum that responds
to right-wing campaigns (coming from any party) to misrepresent the
truth in order to undermine democracy.

info page www.topica.com/lists/rwwatch
subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       (send a blank email)
unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Organizers' Collaborative (OC) home page:  www.organizenow.net
Organizers' Collaborative      PO Box 400897, Cambridge MA  02140

Please support our efforts to foster online communication and resource
sharing by social change groups.  All contributions to OC are
tax-deductible.

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01