-Caveat Lector-

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:53:40 -0500, Marilyn Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
posted article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, which
said:

> On 29 Jan 01, at 13:43, Carl Amedio wrote:
>
> > Usually they trot out a couple of elderly guys or some college
> > students who say they made all the crop circles.  They must have one
> > heck of a travel allotment. As the y appear all over the world.
>
> IMHO, they are made with masers or lasers from satellites, using
> templates that someone or other drew.
> Although to just what purpose, I have no idea. Perhaps to keep the
> uFO controversy going.

If they're done by satellites (which I find more plausible than a couple of
geysers with two-by-fours) then the purpose would be to gain ultimate control
of the people.  Create a hoax, let the suspense build, then say it's aliens
doing it, and if we don't do as they say, the aliens have threatened to
destroy us.... in probably more words than that.  I imagine that most people
in the world would be gullible enough to believe such a story.  Then the real
scientists and intellectuals would become what UFOlogists are now -- that wild
and crazy bunch that can't get a grip on reality.

Damaeus