-Caveat Lector-

On 7 Feb 01, at 6:50, Prudence L. Kuhn wrote:

> In a message dated 02/05/2001 9:53:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> <<   I take this less as fact and more as propaganda.  As mixed as my
> feelings
>  are about Clinton, what is clear to me is that the barrage of
>  hate-press will never stop.  Just like JFK, it's not enough that a
>  president is dead or otherwise out of power.  They keep pounding and
>  pounding with the slander and innuendo because these men did the one
>  unforgivable thing: they secured the admiration and affection of a
>  large number of people. >>
>
> I think you're probably right.  When I actually looked into the life
> of Eva Peron, it worked out to the same thing.  Even the attitude of
> the British royal family toward her could be classed as that same kind
> of envy.  When I was young and stupid, I though it was because she
> might at one time have been (well to be nice about it) a courtesan.
> But when I matured a bit, I realized that no one has ever (what the
> GIs used to say) whored around more than the British royal family, so
> it had to be that the real problem was "popular acclaim."  Prudy

I find something far more ominous in all this. JFK, MLK, Marilyn
Monroe, JFK, Jr--even Larry Flynt, and then, of course, Diana....
Doesn't matter how popular you are, how many people "love" you in
the public sense, if the folks with Real Power think you're in the
way, they can get rid of you...and do it right in front of  your adoring
public....and get away with it too.  What's curious is that they just
want to keep harassing and humiliating Clinton, which probably
means that they're not finished with him, that they need him as a
scapegoat....that they're probably not going to off him....that he's
performing some kind of function in the larger picture. Which, of
course is hard to see (the larger picture, that is.)

sno0wl