-Caveat Lector-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 16:13:32 -0800
From: Allan Favish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: New Filings in Vincent Foster FOIA Case

Two new filings in my Vincent Foster Freedom of Information Act
Lawsuit are online.

The OIC's opposition to my motion to compel testimony from former
OIC prosecutor Miquel Rodriguez and his former OIC assistant
Lucia Rambusch regarding allegations of illegal conduct by OIC
and FBI personnel as to one or more of the photos at issue in
this case is online at my web site. A direct link to the document
is:

http://members.nbci.com/allanfavish/foster/oicrdopp.pdf

It is a 2.4MB PDF file.

The OIC's opposition discusses two books, "The Strange Death of
Vincent Foster: An Investigation," by Christopher Ruddy, and "The
Secret Life of Bill Clinton: The Unreported Stories," by Ambrose
Evans-Pritchard. This is the first time that the OIC has publicly
commented on these books as far as I know.

My reply to the OIC's opposition to my motion to compel testimony
from former OIC prosecutor Miquel Rodriguez and his former OIC
assistant Lucia Rambusch is also at my web site. The direct link
is:

http://members.nbci.com/allanfavish/foster/rep2_01.pdf

It is a 23KB PDF file.

Press Release

Allan J.  Favish
Attorney at Law
18645 Hatteras Street, #289
Tarzana, CA 91356-1802
Home Voice & Fax (818) 342-2389
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.aol.com/allanf8702/page1.htm

Office of Independent Counsel Attempts to Block Release of
Vincent Foster Photographs in Los Angeles Federal Court

Foster's Former Wife and One of his Sisters Join With OIC

A Freedom of Information Act victory by Los Angeles attorney
Allan J. Favish will be challenged on March 5, 2001, at 3:00
p.m., at the old federal courthouse, 312 N.  Spring St, Rm.
1600, Los Angeles, California.  Favish will appear at a hearing
in his FOIA lawsuit against the OIC seeking public release of the
original pristine Polaroid photographs taken of Foster' body as
it laid in Virginia's Fort Marcy Park on July 20, 1993.  On
January 11, 2001, federal district court judge William Keller
ordered the OIC to release 5 of the 10 photos in dispute.
Attorneys for the OIC and attorneys for Foster's former wife and
one of his sister's will appear at the hearing in an attempt to
get Judge Keller to reverse his decision about releasing 5 of the
photos.  Both of these Foster relatives have requested permission
to appear at the hearing by telephone.

Keller's decision followed a July 12, 2000, 2-1 decision by the
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in the case
that stated: "Favish, in fact, tenders evidence and argument
which, if believed, would justify his doubts" about the
government's official conclusion.  See Favish v.  Office of
Independent Counsel, 217 F.3d 1168, 1173 (9th Cir.  2000). The
evidence Favish tendered consists virtually entirely of official
government documents, mostly from the United States Park Police
and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Also to be heard is Favish's motion that testimony be taken from
Assistant Unites States Attorney Miquel Rodriguez, now in
Sacramento, California, and his former assistant, both of whom
worked for Kenneth Starr's OIC investigating the death.  Both of
them resigned from the OIC in 1995 for reasons that they have not
publicly stated.  At a hearing on October 13, 2000, Favish told
Judge Keller that there are "allegations of illegal tampering
with one or more of these subject photographs." Favish was
referring to two books, Christopher Ruddy's "The Strange Death of
Vincent Foster" and Ambrose Evans-Pritchard's "The Secret Life of
Bill Clinton: The Unreported Stories," each alleging that
Rodriguez and his assistant resigned because they did not want to
be part of an illegal cover-up being perpetrated by people within
the OIC and FBI.  According to the two books, one of the
Polaroids, when enhanced, shows a wound in Foster's neck that
appears to have been caused by a .22 caliber bullet--a wound the
government says did not exist.

Favish stated in his motion that until Rodriguez and his former assistant
state under oath that the allegations in these books are false, there is
good reason to doubt that the OIC and FBI have shown Judge Keller the
original pristine photos.

Copies of the motions before the court are in the Foster section
of Favish's web site:

<http://members.aol.com/allanf8702/page1.htm> midway down the
Foster page.

Regards,