-Caveat Lector-

--- Bill Richer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> U.S. Planning Bosnia Pullout
> President Bush Set To Dramatically Reduce
> Peacekeepers

> WASHINGTON, March 15, 2001
 AP
> (CBS)
> The Bush administration has developed a plan that
> would reduce by about 80  percent the 4,400 U.S.
troops in Bosnia..."

Nakano comments:
Yes, it's about time.
Does anyone remember back in 1995, when the
Liar-in-Chief, Clinton,first ordered U.S. troops into
this mess....he promised they would be out within
1 year?  Anyone who believed that, probably also
believed he "never had sex with that woman...".
Perhaps he was referring to Hillary.

Note the date on this story....1995.

U.S. troops wary, but willing
Clinton backs use of 'decisive force' in Bosnia
December 2, 1995
Web posted at: 5:30 p.m. EST (2230 GMT)

BAUMHOLDER, Germany (CNN) -- American troops preparing
to leave for Bosnia gave a rousing reception to
President Clinton's pep talk Saturday. But their
approval was tinged with doubts about the dangerous
mission that lies ahead.

"It's rough," said a soldier from the First Armored
Division. "It's really rough, being away from your
family during Christmas. I guess the biggest worry for
most people I've talked to are the land mines -- six
million land mines. They only know where a million of
them are." (145K AIFF sound or 145K WAV sound)

For families of soldiers, it was perhaps the worst
season to bid farewell. But some were stoic about it.
"I wanted my kids to see him and to hear from his own
mouth why they were going in and everything like
that," said a soldier's wife. "It meant a lot to me
and my children I'm sure."

One soldier said he reassured his concerned mother
that it was "no big deal," and he was "just doing his
job."

"Bosnia is a country now been at war for four years,
and someone has to help, you know, give the peace. And
we are here to help 'em," said another soldier. (75K
AIFF sound or 75K WAV sound)

His colleague said he was anxious. "I'm going to leave
my beautiful wife, my mother back in New York," he
said.

Calling them "heroes for peace" Clinton got a roar of
approval from the 11,000 troops at Smith Barracks when
he told them they "may respond immediately and with
decisive force" if they are even threatened with
attack in the Balkans. (230K AIFF sound or 230K WAV
sound)

"You are about to do something very important for your
nation, very important for the world, very important
for the future that you want your own children to
have," the president told members of the 1st Armored
Division of the U.S. Army in Europe. The troops are
slated to be among the 60,000-strong multi-national
peacekeeping force in Bosnia.

Comparing the Bosnia mission to that of the Persian
Gulf War in 1992, Clinton told the members of Task
Force Eagle that "now America is calling you to serve
again, this time not in a call to war but a call to
peace."

"Everyone should know that when America comes to help
make the peace," he said, "America will still look
after its own."

The president told the camaflouge-dressed soldiers
that every effort was being made to assure their
safety. But, he said, "every deployment has its
risks."

But, he added, "in Bosnia your mission is clear. You
are strong, you are well-prepared, and the stakes
demand the American leadership that you will provide."

Clinton read letters from children of soldiers heading
for Bosnia, and also told the troops of his meeting at
the Dublin airport with Zlata Filipovic, a young
Sarajevan who wrote to the president last week
thanking him for his efforts at bringing peace to
Bosnia. When she learned that Clinton was scheduled to
speak to the soldiers, she asked him to deliver a
message.

"Mr. President," he related, "when you are in Germany,
please thank the American soldiers for me. I want to
go home." (247K AIFF sound or 247K WAV sound)

Clinton was greeted at NATO's Ramstein Airbase
Saturday morning by German Chancellor Helmut Kohl and
U.S. Army General George Joulwan, NATO commander of
allied troops in Europe.

An handful of protesters were also on hand, carrying
signs denigrating the president as a "draft dodger"
and calling him the "president who stole Christmas."

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/