-Caveat Lector-

When you lump all "Jews" into one category, you then make it possible for
others to hold all white people responsible for the slavery of blacks.
Zionism was not created by orthodox Jews but by the hofjuden, who also set
up reform Jewish temples.  Look into the story of Rabbi Stephen S. Wise, who
died in 1949, came from a Hungarian family that had produced seven
generations of rabbis. His was one of the leading voices for American
progressive liberalism. He was instrumental in the founding of the NAACP, a
leading proponent of Zionism and creator of the American and World Jewish
Congresses. Wise founded the Free Synagogue in New York and became one of
President Roosevelt’s chief conduits to American Jewry. He has also been a
controversial figure, caught between some Jewish groups who champion the
role he played in warning about the impending dangers of the Nazi regime and
others who claim he was a pawn of the U.S. State Department and collaborated
with the Roosevelt Administration to cover up the first credible reports of
Hitler’s Final Solution.
http://www.abcnews.go.com/onair/Nightline/nl991206.html

http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/b/black-edwin/chapter-01.html
...The Nazis had promised that upon assuming power they would rebuild
Germany's economy, dismantle its democracy, destroy German Jewry, and
establish Aryans as the master race-in that order. Yet many Western leaders
saw only the economic value of Nazism. Hitler seemed the only alternative to
a Communist state, a man who might rebuild the German economy and pay
Germany's debts. That would be good for all Western economies. As for the
threat to Germany's Jews, that was domestic German affair.(1)

Therefore, if the world's governments would not act, it would fall to the
influential Jews of America to save their brethren in Germany. With the
ability to be heard, the Jews of America, especially in New York, could
mobilize economic and political pressure against Germany that would make war
against the Jews a campaign of national suicide.

American Jewish muscle was not a sudden imagined power. For nearly a
century, American Jews had been using economic pressure and protest to beat
back anti-Semitic outrages throughout the world. But this time the American
Jewish community would fail. That failure was tied to the so-called Big
Three defense groups: the American Jewish Committee, B'nai B'rith, and the
American Jewish Congress.

Both the American Jewish Committee and B'nai B'rith were founded by
well-to-do German Jews with a special outlook. Like other European Jews, the
Germans immigrated en masse following the political upheavals of the
mid-nineteenth century. But unlike their East European counterparts, the
Germans clung to their original national identity, and were economically
more established. Moreover, many German Jews believed they were so called
Hofjuden, or courtly Jews, and that coreligionists from Poland and Russia
were "uncivilized" and embarrassing. The bias was best summarized in a June
1894 German-American Jewish newspaper, the Hebrew Standard, which declared
that the totally acclimated American Jew is closer to "Christian sentiment
around him than to the Judaism of these miserable darkened Hebrews". (2)

Having achieved a secure standing in America, the German Jews organized
essentially to protect their position from any "Jewish problems" that might
appear. In 1843, in a small cafe on New York's Lower East Side, twelve
German Jewish leaders founded B'nai B'rith as a benevolent fraternal
organization. By aiding the Jewish poor, they hoped to remove any Jewish
welfare burden that could arouse Christian anti-Semitism. In the 1880s,
after hordes of impoverished East European Jews flooded America, B'nai
B'rith accepted these newcomers as lodge members, but largely to "manage"
the East European Jewish presence in the United States. (3)

In 1906, as Czar Nicholas continued his anti-Semitic pogroms, men like Jacob
Schiff, Louis Marshall, and Cyrus Adler went beyond philanthropy and
constituted the American Jewish Committee. These powerful men would now
function as a special lobby concerned with political problems important to
Jews. The Committee initially limited its membership to roughly sixty
prominent men, led by about a dozen central personalities from the realms of
publishing, finance, diplomacy, and the law. (4) As individuals, they had
already proven themselves combating hotels and other institutions that
discriminated against Jews. Once united as the American Jewish Committee,
they waged effective private economic war against the Russian monarchy.
Their motives were not based on concern for East European Jews, but rather
on a solid opposition to organized Jew hatred anywhere in the world.

But in 1933 things would be different. Quick as they were to oppose
anti-Semitism in foreign lands, Germany held a special place in the hearts
of Committee leaders. A foreshadowing of just how emotionally paralyzed the
Committee would become in a crisis involving their ancestral home was amply
displayed during the early years of World War I. Committee stalwarts were
torn between their loyalties to the German Fatherland and America's popular
allegiance to France and Britain. In 1915, Committee cofounder Jacob Schiff
articulated his conflict in a note to German banker Max Warburg: "I still
cherish the feeling of filial devotion for the country in which my fathers
and forefathers lived, and in which my own cradle stood-a devotion which
imbues me with the hope that Germany shall not be defeated in this fearful
struggle."(5) Committee members' open support for Germany against Russia did
not alter until the United States actually entered the war.

Popular Jewish disenchantment over Committee policies and the known Hofjuden
prejudice against the Jewish multitudes had long alienated America's East
European Jewish community. Increasingly, the Jewish majority saw the
gentlemen of the American Jewish Committee as benevolent despots, not
entitled to speak for them.(6) In response a number of national and regional
Jewish organizations gathered in Philadelphia in June 1917 and affiliated
into the American Jewish Congress. Proving their democratic character,
335,000 Jewish ballots from across the nation were cast. Three hundred
delegates were elected and an additional one hundred appointed, representing
thirty national Jewish organizations.(7)