-Caveat Lector-

Mexicans Offer $10,000 Bounty for Dead U.S. Border Patrol Agent
UPI

McALLEN, Texas – A Mexican group is offering a $10,000 bounty to
anyone killing a U.S. Border Patrol agent.
Carlos Ibarra Perez, president of the Citizens Defense Committee,
made the offer Monday in front of city hall in Reynosa, Mexico, the
McAllen (Texas) Monitor reported Tuesday.

Ibarra Perez said he was angry about the slayings and abuse of
illegal aliens in the United States.

"We are ready to defend ourselves," he said. "I am not a terrorist.
I'm a defender of the people."

Ibarra Perez said he was speaking for 5,000 people who were willing
to contribute to the bounty fund.

Jesus Rocha, a neighborhood leader in Reynosa and a member of the
committee, told the Monitor that while he personally would not kill
an agent, he supported the bounty offer.

"We are not afraid," he said. "I'm in support of everything that
Ibarra said."

The Border Patrol was taking the threat seriously along the 2,000-
mile Mexico-U.S. border.

"Agents have been advised to be constantly aware of their
surroundings and exercise extreme caution," said Gustavo de la Vina,
chief of the Border Patrol in Washington.

The U.S. attorney's office in Arizona also has begun an investigation
of the threat, according to the Immigration and Naturalization
Service.

The bounty was sparked by recent killings and threats against illegal
aliens crossing the border into the United States, especially in
Arizona, where vigilante groups have been formed. Ranchers have
formed patrols along the border because of increased vandalism and
trespassing.

In May, two illegal aliens were slain in south Texas. One was shot
and killed by a Border Patrol agent during a struggle for the agent's
baton at Brownsville, and a second was allegedly gunned down by a
Bracketville, Texas, man who had ordered the victim off his property.

(C)UPI. All Rights Reserved..

http://www.newsmax.com/