[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Alas, no; I know all the Wheatons. He's a distant relative by blood but
thats all.
What Wheaton says about Quayle , Servaas and Casey is totally accurate;
I was completely alone on that till he came along. One positive word
about Wheaton will get you creamed by the crusaders for truth (because
of petty financial crap) so be careful.
kt
PS Jenkins, Wheatons partner is a good guy but over-the-top.  I was a
principle in a spook outfit that he wanted t be in (1980) he had to be
excluded , which made me feel kind of bad. ( we cant have guys doing air
raids on cuba on the weekends, completely on their own)
Sheehan would be the one who gets accused of draining finances
while ruining Sabow's case. Wheaton seemed to be gathering intel
for somebody while pretending he was going to help. At such a
critical time he must have seemed like a useless leech to Col.
Sabow's brother.

-Bob

Inside the Covert Operations of the CIA & Israel?s Mossad

Joel Bainerman ©1994
S.P.I. BOOKS/Shapolsky Publishers, Inc.
136 West 22nd St.
New York, NY 10011
ISBN 1-56171-350-3
291 pps. - First Edition - Out-of-print
--[3]-

George Bush, Donald Gregg and Iran-Contra:

What Did They Know?

Says former Army investigator Gene Wheaton: "Ronald Reagan may

have been President but George Bush was in charge. Weinberger
and Schultz were no match for a covert  operator like him."

--[4]-

Vice President Quayle?s Role In President Bush's CIA Agenda

In the summer of 1991, I got to know William Northrup, the Israeli arms

dealer who was arrested in Bermuda in 1986 for selling arms to Iran. Before
leaving for the States in September, he told me to try and get gut to
California and meet Gene Wheaton. "Gene's a good man," he assured me.

Wheaton had been investigating Reagan-Bush covert operations since the early

1980s and had seen from the inside how these secret agendas operated. In
addition to his 25 years' experience as a criminal investigator for the U.S.
Army, he had designed security systems for airports in the Middle East and
served as an anti-smuggling narcotics advisor to the Shah.

By that time I had interviewed covert operators like Richard Secord, and

Iran-Contra players such as Yaacov Nimrodi. Now I had someone who looked at
the world of covert operations from the perspective of an investigator.
Unlike intelligence agents, Wheaton didn't thrive on lies and deceit. Judging
from his very modest home, he obviously wasn't in it for the money.

In 1985 Wheaton was vice president of a small cargo airline company that
Oliver North's network wanted to use to haul arms to the Contras and rebels
elsewhere, such as in Afghanistan. Wheaton had the expertise the secret team
wanted, so they set out to recruit him. While Wheaton may have fit their
political profile, he was conservative and right-wing; he was a cop, not an
intelligence agent. He was brought into the center circle, where he stayed
tong enough to learn about the White House's ties to drug runners, the
massive arms transfers to rebel groups, the mountains of falsified
documentation and miscarriages of justice.

"I had no objection to the covert end of it, as long as it was legal," says

Wheaton. "It wasn't. Whenever I asked about the legality of certain operation
I was told, "It's all right, this is a vital national security issue.' I
talked myself out of the inner circle but I was in- it long enough to get to
know the players and their method of operation. The government officials I
met in the Pentagon called supporting the private covert operator
'intelligence support activity.' These covert operators trampled on our
Constitution and made a mockery of our judicial system. They aren't motivated
strictly by anti-communism, power, or money, but by the adrenaline that stems
from being able to create chaos. They would gladly destabilize a democratic
ally of America just so they can go back in and save it."

Wheaton explains that the origins of Oliver North's network was in the

mid-1970s. There were, he says, literally tens of thousands of ex-covert
operators and former Air America "employees" running around loose in the U.S.
These weren't the kind of guys to lay back and run 7-11 stores, so they set
up an array of covert airlines using the assets of Air America, the former
CIA proprietary airline which had helped fly heroin out of Burma and Laos.

When Air America was liquidated it created scores of smaller airlines,

including Global, Capital, and Southern Cross. All tolled, these companies
employed over 15,000 people. The subsidiary companies of Air America,
Southern. Air Transport, Continental Air Services, and Air Asia were also
broken up. This meant this secret team was able to supply pilots and
mechanics, logistics and control people for future, privatized covert
operations.

The 800 or so covert operators who got thrown out of the CIA by Jimmy Carter

in 1977 allied themselves with the conservative element of the Republican
Party. Their goal was to get George Bush elected to either president or Vice
President. They didn't care which one it was, as long as their man got into
the White House. They rallied around Bush and worked like a political action
committee. They put their unique talents into action. They were going to do
in America what they had done throughout the 1960s and 1970s in Africa and
South and Central America: rig elections and overthrow governments.

One aspect of the covert operators' activities was the "October Surprise"
theory, which claims members of Reagan's 1980 campaign team, including George
Bush and William Casey, made a deal with Iranian leaders not to release the
52 American hostages they were holding until after the November presidential
election.

Wheaton claims Quayle was brought "into the game," Bush and Casey's network

of the Secret Team, early on. He believes that a major source of Quayle's
political power in his home state of Indiana comes from an old friend of
William Casey's, Beurt SerVaas, who was on the executive board of the
Veterans of the OSS, the predecessor organization of the CIA. SerVaas's
daughter is married to what Wheaton describes as an "off-the-books" French,
intelligence asset, Bernard Marie. Wheaton says that he introduced Marie to
Defense Intelligence Agency officials who were part of the Reagan-Bush White
House's secret arms deals with Iran in the early 1980s.

"Quayle is being groomed," says Wheaton. "Quayle was a true believer and they

wanted to bring him up through the ranks. It wasn't easy for Bush and Casey
to find people who would go along with their far right-wing philosophy, who
at the same time were articulate and presentable." Quayle's "smoking gun" was
Robert Owen and Owen's ties were to John Hull, a native of Indiana who owned
and managed 8000 acres of land in northern Costa Rica 30 miles from the
Nicaraguan border. The CIA and Oliver North used Hull's ranch as a supply
depot to move weapons to the Contras. Hull used American government
protection to fly drugs from there into the U.S., sometimes on the very same
planes.

--[5--

George Bush and the Secret Team of Covert Operators

After the fall of Saigon in April 1975, the focus of operations for the

Secret Team moved to the Middle East. Shackley was now in Washington as CIA
Associate Deputy Director in the Directorate of Operations. Clines was in
Washington as head of CIA operations training. Richard Secord was appointed
chief of the U.S. Air Force's Military Assistance Advisory Group, which
represented U.S. defense contractors selling arms to the Shah's army and
training them in the use of this new military equipment. The secret team was
also advising the Shah on how to use sophisticated communications equipment
so his secret police force, SAVAK, could contain the regime's adversaries and
political opponents.

One major military contract the group maintained during this time was

Rockwell Int[e]rnational IBEX's electronic and photographic surveillance
project for intelligence gathering, not only in Iran but in the entire
region, including the then-Soviet Union. -On August 28th, 1976, three of the
top managers of the project were shot dead while driving through Teheran.
Officials blamed Libyantrained Islamic Marxist guerrillas (Washington Post, Au
gust 29th, 30th, 1976), but Gene Wheaton, a longtime U.S. military
investigator and former IBEX Director of Security, says that these people
were killed to cover up a scam which skimmed profits from the IBEX project.

>From the start, IBEX was plagued with corruption. According to a report in

the Washington Post, a month before the assassinations, U.S. ambassador to
Iran Richard Helms and a former CIA head, sent a handwritten letter to
then-CIA Director George Bush complaining about the project and urging him to
investigate allegations  of corruption (The Nation, August 27th, 1988).

Wheaton discovered that Secord, Clines, Quintero, and Albert Hakim had a
"historical record of skimming off of military projects, taking kickbacks"
and that they had laundered large amounts of payoffs for military programs in
the Middle East through Swiss bank accounts. Gene Wheaton testified in a
deposition for the Christie Institute that the three Rockwell men "were
murdered to cover misdeeds on the project a project where Albert Hakim served
as the bag man and that this was part of the Ed Wilson network." He claims
that John Harper, who served as head of security for the project from
November 1976 to May 1977, was told by Frank Terpil after the murders that
the "Rockwell matter" had been taken care of.

From: Brian Downing Quig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I was surprised to learn after 4 1/2 years that there was a major player who

showed up at the kitchen table of Glen Wilburn during the early days after the
bombing who I was unaware.  This is the attorney Mike Johnston who had just
finished suing Ishan Barbouti when the bomb went off.  Mike Johnston is now
representing David Hoffman and Gene Wheaton in the million dollar libel suit
brought by Buch Revelle.

As the days progressed toward the initial attack of DESERT STORM Mike Johnston

flew to London to purchase the blue prints of the underground bunkers Barbouti
built to house Sadam's MIGS which he tuned over to the CIA allowing the MIGS to
be surgically removed.  (Pages 182-184 of Hoffman's book THE OKLAHOMA CITY
BOMBING AND THE POLITICS OF TERROR).

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Rodney Stich and . . .

an interview 12/99

by R. A. Kris Millegan

KM-Yes, that's one reason why I am asking these questions is because one

thing is that folks have a hard time understanding who has credibility and
who doesn't. Now may I ask you about Gene Wheaton? Have you had much
discussion with Gene Wheaton?

RS-Now I have talked to him a few times, I won't say extensively but I would

at this stage. I would have confidence about some of the things that he
investigated, The DC-8 crash at Gander , I 've flown into Gander many times
in planes when I was captain, I've flown a DC-8. My thinking would be that he
is credible.