OUT NOW! CovertAction Quarterly * April-June 2001
Date: 4/3/01 1:36:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time

From:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Rory O'Neill)
To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (CovertAction Quarterly OUT
NOW!)

CovertAction Quarterly * Number 70 * April-June 2001

CovertAction Quarterly, the award-winning investigative magazine, is
available now. Below is a contents list, with links to summaries of
articles
on our newly revamped website.
http://www.covertactionquarterly.org

C O V E R   F E A T U R E

WELCOME TO THE FREE WORLD
Gas me * Stun me * Shoot me * Zap me * Douse me * Drug me * Shut me
up

Frank Morales reveals how non-lethal weapons are being used with
sometimes
deadly effect against peaceful campaigners.

MORE: http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/ca70/contents70.htm

Page 2: EDITORIAL
The Heavens and Earth are Bush's War Zone.

MORE: http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/ca70/contents70.htm

Page 3: CONTENTS LISTING
Full text version:
http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/ca70/contents70.htm

Pages 4-5: WHAT ARE THEY DOING?
News on the CIA, the military's new raygun, industry spies, unions
and
global trade, Bush and the environment, tobacco smuggling,
spookspeak, FBI
Mullah aid.

MORE: http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/ca70/contents70.htm

Page 5: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
Number 1: VISA's VP security and one-time FBI undercover hitman, Dick
Held.

MORE: http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/ca70/contents70.htm

Pages 6-13 COVER STORY: Frank Morales reveals how non-lethal weapons
are
being used with sometimes deadly effect against peaceful campaigners.

MORE: http://www.covertactionquarterly.org

Pages 14-15: WORLD BEATERS
Darryl Leroux on the U.S. security forces passing the free trade
baton to
the Mounties as the Summit of the Americas meeting in Quebec City
draws
close.

MORE: http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/ca70/contents70.htm

Pages 16-22: NUKE NATION
John Steinbach on the threat from Israel's growing nuclear arsenal.

MORE: http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/ca70/contents70.htm

Pages 23-25: KISSINGER'S CRIMES
Nora King on Dr. Henry Kissinger's brutal history in the U.S. and
abroad.

MORE: http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/ca70/contents70.htm

Pages 26-33: SPACE CORPS
Karl Grossman shows how the Bush administration and the arms industry
are
colluding to make the heavens a war zone.

MORE: http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/ca70/contents70.htm

Pages 34-40: CIA'S COVERT WAR
Gregory Elich examines CIA's role in the overthrow of the Milosevic
government in Yugoslavia.

MORE: http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/ca70/contents70.htm

Page 41: BIGOT ON THE BENCH
Nine good reasons why Justice Antonin Scalia should go.

MORE: http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/ca70/contents70.htm

Page 42-43: A COMPLETE FRAUD
British parliamentarian Tony Benn describes the new democracy
according to
Bush, Blair, bombs and business.

MORE: http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/ca70/contents70.htm

Pages 44-45: PSYCHO POLITICS
Douglas Valentine tracks the progress of Rep. Rob Simmons, from CIA-
backed
interrogation camps in Vietnam to a seat in Congress.

MORE: http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/ca70/contents70.htm

Pages 46-47: BAD BUSINESS
Russell Mokhiber and Robert Weissman name the 10 worst corporations
of
2000 - and get barred from the Library of Congress for challenging a
Coca-Cola sponsorship deal.

MORE: http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/ca70/contents70.htm

Pages 48-49: THE STATE OF U.S. JUSTICE
Wrongly-convicted prisoner Leonard Peltier explains how President
Bill
Clinton and the FBI ensured he never got a fair hearing.
Multibillionaire
Marc Rich, meanwhile, is off, scot-free.

MORE: http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/ca70/contents70.htm

Pages 50-51: SUBSCRIPTIONS/ORDERS
http://www.covertactionquarterly.org/subscribe.htm

************************
CovertAction Quarterly
1500 Massachusetts Avenue NW #732
Washington DC 20005, USA
Tel: +1 202 331 9763. Fax: +1 202 331 9751.
http://www.covertactionquarterly.org

Contact CovertAction Quarterly by email:

Editorial: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

General or subscription enquiries: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<FONT COLOR="#000099">Make good on the promise you made at graduation to keep
</FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/03IJGA/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/xrOVlB/TM"><B>Click
Here!</B></A>