-Caveat Lector-

BB wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-
>
>  ( Rotten ) Food for Thought
>
>   In light of the recent shooting in California, let's
>   see, I think it started when Madeline Murray O'Hare
>   complained she didn't  want any prayer in our
>   schools, and we said OK.

That was a good thing. I don't want my children brainwashed
with superstitious drivel.

> Then someone said you'd
>   better not read the Bible in school....

That was good too. Practice your superstitions at home. I
don't want my kids exposed to this stuff.

> the Bible
>   that says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal,
>   and love your neighbor as yourself.  And we said,
>   OK.

You didn't say ok. You fought it tooth and nail and lost.

>   Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our
>   children when they misbehave because their little
>   personalities would be warped and we might damage
>   their self-esteem.  And we said, an expert should
>   know what he's talking about so we said OK, we won't
>   spank them anymore.

On the other hand, if children are disrespectful of their
parents, we should stone them to death as is instructed in
the Bible.

>   Then someone said teachers and principals better not
>   discipline our children when they misbehave.

This is bullshit! WHO said this?

> And
>   the school administrators said no faculty member
>   in this school better touch a student when they
>   misbehave because we don't want any bad publicity,
>   and we surely don't want to be sued.  (There's a big
>   difference between disciplining and touching,
>   beating, smacking, humiliating, kicking, etc.)
>   And we accepted their reasoning.

No stranger better beat my child. I'd break their arms.

>   Then someone said, let's let our daughters have
>   abortions if they want, and they won't even have
>   to tell their parents.

That someone is the feminists. It's a huge mistake. It never
should have happened, and should be changed. Parents are the
ones ultimately responsible for the well being of their children.
If young girls are unfortunate enough to be born into a family
of religious anti abortionists... so it goes.

> And we said that's a grand
>   idea.  Then some wise school board member said,
>   since boys will be boys and they're going to do
>   it anyway, let's give our sons all the condoms they
>   want, so they can have all the fun they desire, and
>   we won't have to tell their parents they got them
>   at school.  And we said that's another great idea.

That IS a great idea.

>   Then some of our top elected officials said it
>   doesn't matter what we do in private as long as
>   we do our jobs.  And, agreeing with them, we said
>   it doesn't matter to me what anyone, including the
>   President, does in private as long as I have a job
>   and the economy is good.

Not that important.

>   And then someone said let's print magazines with
>   pictures of nude women and call it wholesome,
>   down-to-earth appreciation for the beauty of the
>   female body.  And we said we have no problem with
>   that. And someone else took that appreciation a
>   step further and published pictures of nude children
>   and then stepped further still by making them
>   available on the Internet.  And we said
>   they're entitled to their free speech.

How come you religionists have so many problems with sex?

>   And the entertainment industry said; let's make TV
>   shows and movies that promote profanity, violence,
>   and illicit sex.

Because they are copying the success of the most popular
book ever written. The Bible.

> And let's record music that
>   encourages rape, drugs, murder, suicide, and satanic
>   themes.  And we said it's just entertainment,
>   it has no adverse effect, and nobody takes it
>   seriously anyway, so go right ahead.

I agree with you here.

>   Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no
>   conscience, why they don't know right from wrong,
>   and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers,
>   their classmates, and themselves.  Probably, if
>   we think about it long and hard enough, we can
>   figure it out.  I think it has a great deal to
>   do with "WE REAP WHAT WE SOW."

So if you don't like it, get rid of the capitalist system
that drives the whole scummy thing.

>   Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and
>   then wonder why the world's going to hell.

God has nothing to do with it. It's money. It's the system
that says everything is permissible if you make a profit.
There is no god, but there is such a system.

>   Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but
>   question what the Bible says.

They are both full of nonsense.

>   Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided
>   they do not have to believe, think, say, or do
>   anything the Bible says.

I don't want to go to heaven. Where exactly is heaven anyway?

>   Funny, how someone can say, "I believe in God"
>   but still follow Satan who, by the way, also
>   "believes" in God.  Funny, how we are quick to
>   judge, but not to be judged.

So are you saying... do be like Satan and believe in god, or
don't be like Satan and don't believe in god? What the hell
are you talking about anyway?

>   Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through
>   e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when
>   you start sending messages regarding the Lord,
>   people think twice about sharing.

Because jokes are funny and beneficial, while messages about
the lord are tedious nonsense.

> Funny how the
>   lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely
>   through Cyberspace, but the public discussion of Jesus
>   is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Excellent!

> Funny
>   how someone can be so fired up for Christ on Sunday,
>   but be an invisible Christian the rest of the week.
>
>   Are you laughing?

You bet! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

>   Funny how when you go to forward this message, you
>   will not send it to many on your address list
>   because you're not sure what they believe, or what they
>   will think of you for sending it to them.

They would think that I lost my mind. And they'd be right.

> Funny how
>   I can be more worried about what other people think
>   of me than what God thinks of me.

You can worry about whatever you like. Who gives a shit?

>   Are you thinking?

Always.

>   Pass it on if you think it has merit!

It doesn't. It's only low quality religious propaganda.

> If not then
>   just discard it.... no one will ever know
>   what you did, for sure.

I'd rather send it back to you so you can see some feedback.

Joshua2