-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 04/10/2001 6:55:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 Since the Pledge of Allegiance and the Lord's Prayer are not allowed
 in
 most public schools anymore because the word "God' is mentioned ...
 a kid in Arizona wrote a new school prayer . >>

Man, the kids in Arizona are pretty clever.  When I went to school, the word
God was not a part of the Pledge of Allegiance, and we never said the Lord's
Prayer in school.  We said it in Sunday School and frequently at other times,
but not in school.  We were really amazing.  We all went to Sunday School and
church.  We had total faith in our faiths and were comfortable with each
others' faiths.  We did not pray in school.  We did not even read the Bible
until I got to high school, and at that time I noticed that no one other than
the reader of the day was paying any attention to the reading.  It was the
time when our homeroom teacher checked her makeup, and the rest of the kids
did various things, but they didn't listen to the Bible readings.    I've
noticed that today's youth do not really want specifically to pray.  What
they want is to lead others in prayer.  They have a deep desire to convert
others to their specific beliefs.  The Bible instructs us to pray in private.
 Hitler with his Gestapo, his Nazi party and all his concentration camps
could not stamp out the Jewish faith.  It is the same with true Christians.
They do not need the company of others or the inclusion of their particular
practices in various institutions (including schools) to maintain their faith
in Christ.  If they need such crutches, then they need much more than prayer
in school can do for them.  Let them invite the students they wish to
influence or convert into their homes and churches.  Prudy