-Caveat Lector-

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 00:46:35 -0700, Steve Wingate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
posted article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, which said:

> The government's chief scientific adviser, Professor David King said he
> expected an "imminent" decision on the issue, after trying to convince
> farmers in Cumbria on Monday.

Yes... Imminent -- like they need to finalize their nanoprobe production
facility so they can stick a few of those in the vaccines.

I'm no biologist or pharmacist, but aren't vaccines typically made from the
very material that causes the disease in the first place?  When you get a
flu shot, for example, you're actually being injected with a mild dose of
the flu in hopes that your immune system will trigger the proper T-cells and
build up your immunity to the flu.  Of course, sometimes people have
horrible flus after having their flu shot, I presume because their immune
systems are out of whack to begin with.

Damaeus