-Caveat Lector-

By: Neal Boortz (www.boortz.com/nealznuz.htm), press
release, datelined from the BSNS:

BUSH ESCALATES WAR ON ENVIRONMENT

Seattle, April 24, 2001 (BSNS)

    A coalition of environmental activists and eco-scientists stepped up
their criticisms of White House environmental policies at a news conference
in Seattle today.  At issue was Bush's move, reported Monday, to rescind
newly implemented guidelines on the amount of allowable dihydrogen monoxide
(hydroxyl acid) in the nation's water supply.

    The new EPA regulations, calling for a 50 percent reduction in the
allowable amount of dihydrogen monoxide in drinking water, was implemented
by the Clinton Administration on January 19, 2001, just days before the
inauguration of George W. Bush.

    "The deadly potential of dihydrogen monoxide cannot be over-emphasized,"
said Bruno Ahrens, spokesman for the coalition.  "This invisible killer
kills thousands of people worldwide every single year.  By allowing large
amounts of dihydrogen monoxide to remain in our water supply President Bush
has signed a death warrant for thousands of Americans, many of whom will be
children.  It is yet another example of Bush's willingness to declare open
war on our precious environment for the benefit of his big-money corporate
supporters and contributors."

    Documentation distributed by these friends of the environment described
dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO) as "colorless, odorless and tasteless," and said
that it kills uncounted thousands of people every year.  Most of the deaths
from DHMO come from accidental inhalation. A prolonged exposure to DHMO in
its solid form can cause extreme tissue damage.

    Other dangers of DHMO are listed as:

-DHMO is a major component of acid rain
-DHMO contributes to the world's "greenhouse effect."
-DHMO can cause severe burns resulting in death.
-DHMO is cited as a major cause of erosion of our natural landscape

-DHMO can even cause corrosion and rusting of many metals!

In addition, DHMO is used as an industrial solvent and is a major component
of the production of nuclear power.  It is used in the production of
styrofoam, as a fire retardant, and in many forms of animal research.  It is
widely used in the distribution of pesticides and is an additive in many
junk foods.

   A press release issued at the conference reads:  "After many years of
dedicated work by friends of the world's environment, the enlightened
Clinton Administration finally issued regulations that would reduce the
amounts of this deadly substance that would be allowed in the nation's water
supply.  Furthermore, the new regulations would have prohibited corporations
from dumping waste DHMO into our rivers, lakes and the oceans.  Now that
Bush has revoked these much-needed regulations our lakes, rivers and
streams, our oceans and our very drinking water will remain polluted by this
deadly substance.

   "By his actions George W. Bush has vividly demonstrated his absolute
disdain for our environment and the right of the American people to clean
air to breathe and clean water to drink. This is the Republican agenda,
corporate profits over the health and welfare of the people."

                                Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

          FROM THE DESK OF:

                               *Michael Spitzer*    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>