-Caveat Lector-

----- Original Message -----
From: "flw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2001 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: [CTRL] Weyrich's Free Pass

> -Caveat Lector-
>
> > but the examples you give about race are innapropriate- on one side you
> > refer to a religion (jews) and in the comparitive ones you mention
states
> > (greece, itlay, america, etc)c. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>         I never mentioned "race" only nationality to the extent that
"nationality"
>         has any meaning 2000 years ago.

well- nationality had a lot of meaning 2000 years ago- just ask a roman
citizen. my point stands about the innapropriate comparisons tho ;)

> >we cannot be continue to go on about who killed christ- it doesn't
> > matter... just like we in scotland are meant to not hate the english
anymore

>       I don't give a rats ass who "killed Christ"

oh but it is fascinating, flw.

 assuming there ever was such
>       a person.

agreed :)

 My only point is that if someone opines "who killed Christ"
>       in a religious / historical context, it is ridiculous and anti
intellectual
>       to call that "anti semitism"

agreed- but if the claim is innnacurate... and my suggestion is that there
were a number of different pawns/ manipulators involved in his death- not
just one race. and i say again- in my understanding of the christian
religion  there is no emphasis on who killed him except in the context of
the inevitability and neccessity of his death to the religion.

and in fact to do so only gives such reasoning
>       credibility among the ignorant.

as i said in another thread to this- when i think of the phrase "the jews
killed christ" i first think of hitler and the fantastic success this
allegation had in germany at that time. the circumstances for it to be
successful were in place, i know, along with other reasons for villifying
the jews, but it is still the first thing i think of when i hear the phrase.
like- i really like the swastika but it's usage is tainted completely by
it's identification with the nazis so it is unusable now...

>  BTW, it is always a good idea to hate the English

mmm agreed, the one third of me that is from there actually claims that
yorkshire isn't actually england...  but , yeah, as a rule, it is best to
hate them first and ask questions later.

and especially the Fascist
>  State that the UK has become.

has become? hehehe... i think we had better fascist credentials when we were
kicking the shit out of ireland and india and wherever... we have become
somewhat woosey recently.

> Rather then waste time over "who killed Christ"
>  we should continue to expose the mass murder and worldwide devastation
wreaked
>  upon the world by the bloody English and their Scottish co conspirators
over the
>  past 400 years....we are still paying the price!

yeah well, whatever.... we handed the torch to our natural inheritors- our
descendents the american people and they seem to be doing just fine. we
taught them all they know, etc.

incidently- why 400 years? did something happen in the 1600s that i missed?
didn't we kill or persecute anyone before that? um... there was the
reformation- is that what you refer to?