-Caveat Lector-

Finally, there is a person in Congress with the
integrity and courage to stand up and take on
this issue. I urge everyone who reads this to
take action.  It's very simple.
Forward this message to everyone you know,
and contact your Representative in Congress.

My Representative in Congress, Ron Paul, has
introduced a Bill to amend the Constitution.
I urge you to read this proposed amendment
and if you agree with it, I hope you will contact
your Representative in Congress and ask him/her
to vigorously support this proposed amendment.
If you need some motivation to do this, pull out
your last tax return and take a look at what you
paid last year...or just look at your paycheck stub.

Sincerely,
John Cone

AMENDMENT TO ABOLISH PERSONAL INCOME TAX...PROPOSED IN
HOUSE LAST WEEK. WRITE/CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN. TELL HIM
YOU SUPPORT 'HJ 45 IH'

 Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the
United States  relative to abolishing personal income,
estate, and gift taxes and prohibiting the United
States Government from engaging...
(Introduced in the House)

>   HJ 45 IH
>
>   107th CONGRESS
>
>   1st Session
>
>   H. J. RES. 45
>   Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the
United States relative to abolishing personal income,
estate, and gift taxes and prohibiting the United
States Government from engaging in business in
> competition with its citizens.
>
>   IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
>
>   April 25, 2001
>   Mr. PAUL introduced the following joint
resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the
Judiciary

>   JOINT RESOLUTION
>   Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the
United States
> relative to abolishing personal income, estate, and
gift taxes and prohibiting the United States
Government from engaging in business in
> competition with its citizens.
>
>   Resolved by the Senate and House of
Representatives of the United States of America in
Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House
> concurring therein), That the following article is
proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the
United States, which shall be valid to all intents and
purposes as part of the Constitution when
> ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the
several States within seven years after the date of
its submission for ratification:

>   `Article--
>
>   `SECTION 1. The Government of the United States
shall not engage in any business, professional,
commercial, financial, or industrial
> enterprise except as specified in the Constitution.
>
>   `SECTION 2. The constitution or laws of any State,
or the laws of the United States, shall not be subject
to the terms of any foreign or domestic agreement
which would abrogate this amendment.

>   `SECTION 3. The activities of the United States
Government which violate the intent and purposes of
this amendment shall, within a
> period of three years from the date of the
ratification of this amendment, be liquidated and the
properties and facilities affected
> shall be sold.
>
>   `SECTION 4. Three years after the ratification of
this amendment the sixteenth article of amendments to
the Constitution of the United States shall stand
repealed and thereafter Congress shall not levy
taxes on personal incomes, estates, and/or gifts.'.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/