-Caveat Lector-

Here is a little statistic for some of you folks to keep in
mind the next time you equate loving Dixie with a hate crime.
You know who you are!  Think about this when you decry the
undue influence all things Southern are having on this country
and the dreadful consequences.  READ IT AND WEEP and then kiss
my grits!  For while I have been aware that we are growing at
an alarming rate, I did not realize that THE SOUTH has the
MAJORITY of any of the four regions in population by a
landslide.  If you don't like it, guess you will just have to
find a new country now.  Ha, ha!  Teach you to "reinstate' us
at gunpoint with your fixed bayonets.

  So, based on my newly discovered information, I shall
heretofore INSIST that the South has every bit as much right
to have a voice in the cultural and political climate of this
country, nay~~more so, than any other.
Amelia
<whistling Dixie>
Total Resident Population 1 281,421,906 248,709,873 (NA) (NA)
Northeast 53,594,378 50,809,229 (NA) (NA)
Midwest 64,392,776 59,668,632 (NA) (NA)
South 100,236,820 85,445,930 (NA) (NA)
West 63,197,932 52,786,082 (NA) (NA)
Puerto Rico 3,808,610 3,522,037 (NA) (NA)
Total Resident Population,
including Puerto Rico 285,230,516 252,231,910 (NA) (NA)
1 Includes the population of the 50 states and the District of
Columbia.
NA Not applicable.
Source: U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Census Bureau.
Internet Release date: December 28, 2000
Area April 1, 2000 April 1, 1990