Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 10:18:12 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: SNET: Bogus Claims of Unconstitutionality

->  SNETNEWS  Mailing List

I would suggest some folks read about the concept of "enumerated powers"
and read the writings of the founders wrt the tenth Ammendment. The
Federalist papers and Madisons notes on the debates of the constitutional
convention are particularly apropos.  The STATES have the power to make
law in any concievable direction where the STATE legislative votes are
available to get such  passed unless in contradiction to enumerated
Federal Powers. It is the FEDERAL sphere of powers that was purposely
limited to ONLY what was stated in the constitution.  The understanding
of the fathers was that the Feds were specifically limited to powers
directly given in the constitution or that could be clearly connected to
those powers. The Feds are specifically prohibited from having carte
blanche levels of power. A single centralized authoritarian govenment
ruling on every sphere of life like the current Federal system was
anathema to the founders. What is the CONSTITUTIONAL foundation for
FEDERAL mandates wrt the environment? There has to be a demonstrated
direct connection to an ENUMERATED power for a FEDERAL law to be
constitutional.  The subjective label of "bogus" is not objective
evidence. What is the constitutional basis for your objection Steve?
Because the 10th Ammendment clearly means that powers not specifically
mentioned in the constitution or powers not directly connected to an
enumerated power are by definition unconstitutional, and reserved for
lower levels of government. Where is the direct connection Steve?

On Sat, 19 May 2001 22:25:42 -0700 Steve Wingate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:
>->  SNETNEWS  Mailing List
>
>It appears that some people who are claiming that certain laws are
>'unconsitutional' do not understand the Constitution very well. The
>Constitution gives the authority to determine if a law enacted by
>Congress
>is Constitutional or not, to the Courts, not by the opinion of the
>citizens of
>the US.
>
>To claim otherwise shows a complete lack of understanding of the basis
>of
>rule by law as spelled out in our Constitution, upon which this great
>nation
>was founded.
>
>Steve
>
>ANOMALOUS IMAGES AND UFO FILES
>http://www.anomalous-images.com
>
>-> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Or send an email To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]