To:                     "HannityandColmes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From:                   "Jill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date sent:              Mon, 28 May 2001 06:22:06 -0400

Open letter to John Ashcroft
By Joseph Farah
Monday, May 28, 2001

Dear Mr. Attorney General:
I knew you would disappoint me when I agreed to support your
nomination as
attorney general. Politicians always disappoint me. But I had no idea it
would be so soon.

Your press conference last Thursday was an abomination.

You insist on executing Timothy McVeigh, come hell or high water,
June 11 –
as if there is some magic in that date. You say we have to do that
because
all the evidence has now been turned over to his defense team. You say
there is nothing in the new evidence that could possibly have affected the
outcome of the trial.

You suggest we can just trust you on all that.

Well, pardon me, Mr. Attorney General, but many of us in America don't
trust politicians to do the right thing – especially when the agencies over
which they preside have been obstructing justice and obfuscating the
truth
for years.

I strongly suggest you not become a party to that process – lest you
wind
up with as much respect as your predecessor.

Let's suppose the convicted Oklahoma City bomber's defense team
doesn't see
it the same way you do. Are they just out of luck and out of time? If I
was
part of that defense team, I would be moving for a mistrial. In fact, I can
see no other way to serve justice in this case but through a retrial with
all the facts on the table.

You are not the judge, jury and executioner in this case. You are merely
the attorney general. You are exceeding your authority in this case.

You claim the documents previously withheld from the McVeigh defense
and
the American people represent "less than 1 percent" of the hundreds of
thousands of pages of evidence in the case. Big deal. Cases are not
won or
lost on the basis of the physical weight of the evidence. They are won
and
lost on the evidence itself.

Have you had time to personally review the 3,000 pages of new evidence
in
this case? If so, I would seriously question how you are performing your
other duties. If not, you have assigned these duties to underlings –
underlings who, I suggest, may well have been involved in the way this
case
was mishandled from the beginning.

"No documents created any doubt about his guilt, let alone established
his
innocence," you said.

Oh, gee, well, golly. Those are nice words. But, let's face it: You don't
know squat about this case. You haven't examined the facts. You don't
know
about the mountains of evidence your own FBI has refused to examine –
or
examined and failed to act upon.

Don't make the mistake of trusting those who erred in the past to come
clean now.

Maybe you think you are just doing the right thing "politically" by getting
rid of McVeigh. Maybe you think it will be the popular thing to do. Well,
sir, it may be. But try doing the courageous thing. Try doing the right
thing. Try to find all the culprits in the Oklahoma City bombing case.

Some of them are getting away with murder.

You say you've got the word of FBI Director Louis Freeh that the agency
"has completed its search and produced every relevant document in its
possession." I'm sure Freeh is saying that. I'm sure Freeh is eager to
see
McVeigh take the rap for this most heinous crime. I'm sure Freeh wants
put all this behind him. But Freeh has bungled this case. Freeh should
not
be allowed to come within a country mile of the review process.

Freeh should be under investigation for his negligence.

Did you ask anyone at the FBI why they turned away people like reporter
Jayna Davis who tried to provide evidence in the case? She was told
they
couldn't accept it because it would have to be disclosed to the defense.
It
sure sounds like the FBI made up its mind about McVeigh's guilt – and
McVeigh's guilt alone – before they ever got started investigating. In
other words, it sounds like the Justice Department found the patsy it
was
looking for and never searched for the accomplices.

I'm going to conclude by asking you a few questions I have been
chanting
like a mantra of late. I hope you can answer them. If you can't, you ought
to do everything in your power to facilitate a mistrial and retrial of
Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols.

  a.. What was the role of Andy Strassmeir in the bombing? Strassmeir
was
  closely associated with McVeigh in the underworld of neo-Nazi activity
  and terrorist plans, according to witnesses, including a government
  informant. Why was he never questioned in the case while some
20,000
  other people were? Strassmeir's father is Gunther Strassmeir, Helmut
  Kohl's secretary of state, a man known as the "architect of German
  reunification." The younger Strassmeir received military intelligence
  training at Bundeswehr Academy in Hanover. He's now back in
Germany,
  reportedly living with his parents.

  b.. The Murrah Building was the local home of the Bureau of Alcohol,
  Tobacco and Firearms. Why is it that – coincidentally – most of the
ATF's
  employees didn't show up for work the morning of the bombing? Every
ATF
  member survived the attack. It's a stretch to believe someone wasn't
  tipped off about the bombing.

  c.. Why were the reports about a planned bombing of a federal building
in
  Oklahoma on April 19, 1995, by ATF informant Carol Howe ignored?
Why have
  the links she drew between Strassmeir and McVeigh been
discredited?

  d.. Why did the FBI report on the day of the bombing that two other
  explosive devices were found in the building? What happened to those
  "sophisticated devices" that were larger than the one that went off?

  e.. And how did the truck bomb create a pattern of devastation
  unexplainable from its position in front of the building?

  f.. How does the government explain other witnesses who report seeing
  bomb-squad activity at the Murrah building an hour or more before the
  blast?
After all, the object is not just to find someone guilty of a crime in our
country. The object is to punish all of the criminals. Your Justice
Department hasn't done that – not even close. The most devastating
terrorist crime in the history of our nation, with 168 killed, deserves
much more serious criminal justice work than this.

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=22995

Best Wishes

There is a central paradox to power that every man who aspires to
godhood must handle in one way or another. Any god who is a major
thinker and a master manipulator can build magnificently to his own
design, but alas, his palace will always crumble for he will have to
build it of unfired bricks. There is only one fire in the universe
strong enough to bake enduring bricks: the flame of thought. And yet,
whoever builds his edifice out of thinking men, *cannot* build to his
own design for his bricks will be having a say about where they are put.
Alas to be a god! --Donald Kingsbury, The Moon Goddess and the Son_