-Caveat Lector-

                                      Foot And Mouth Virus Mutating
                                       From Patricia Doyle, PhD
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                               5-31-1

                           Hello Jeff - It appears that the virus is mutating. As I
                           suspected, the virus active in the UK was from the
                           missing Porton Down vial which was kept in level 4 and
                           not level 3 lab. It would probably be weaponized and
                           that was the reason it was in the level 4 lab.

                           This new version appeared in stock that had been
                           declared FMD free two hours before.

                           New hot zones are appearing as well. This outbreak is
                           far from over. I suspect that MAFF knew that the Porton
                           Down vial was used in the UBI/Plum Island vaccine
                           trials that took place just before the UK outbreak and
                           knew that the virus strain was virulent, and unstable.
                           Ergo, I believe that is why MAFF is killing every animal.
                           By the time this is over, there may very well be no
                           livestock left in the UK. Seriously.

                           Of course, MAFF has now begun to blame farmers for
                           the new oubreaks. They are claiming that farmers are
                           deliberately spreading the virus for compensation.
                           MAFF has been hostile toward the farmers throughout,
                           this last unfair accusation is uncalled for. MAFF knows
                           exactly why the FMD virus is spreading and mutating.

                           Patricia

                           Livestock Need Two Hourly Virus Checks

                           Furnesscattle farmers have been told to check their
                           cattle every two hours. Uninfected Yorkshire cattle
                           have been going down with foot-and-mouth in hours.

                           There have been more than 20 confirmed outbreaks of
                           the disease in Settle and vets are horrified at how fast
                           it is infecting livestock.

                           South Cumbria National Farmers' Union spokeswoman
                           Gill Shearer said: "Animals given the all clear are found
                           to be heavily diseased just two hours later.

                           "We were so concerned we have been on to the
                           agriculture ministry vets because we thought it could
                           be a new strain of the disease.

                           "They say it isn't, but it seems to have become much
                           more virulent and is moving very fast in an area that
                           hasn't had an outbreak for six weeks.

                           "I would urge Furness farmers to check their animals as
                           often as possible, preferably every couple of hours."

                           In two cases, filmed by Maff, animals thought to be free
                           of the disease went down with it in less than two hours.

                           In one case the symptoms were so severe shocked
                           vets doubted the animals had been given the all clear
                           just hours before.

                           Ms Shearer said: "In the first case the farmer looked at
                           his animals and they were fine.

                           "He went back to bring them in for milking just hours
                           later and they had sores and cuts.

                           "In the second case the livestock were inspected and
                           two hours later when the farmer went back they were in
                           a terrible state, the worse the vets had seen.

                           "Both incidents were filmed because the vets can't
                           believe how fast cattle and sheep are going down with
                           the disease.

                           "Neither farmers were to blame and they don't want to
                           be named. This is a very worrying development and we
                           fear the hot weather may have increased the virulence
                           of the disease."

                           A Maff spokesman said they were concerned at the
                           speed with which animals were becoming infected and
                           said they were slaughtering them within 24 hours.

                           He said the virus seemed to be moving faster and
                           warned farmers to regularly check their cattle and take
                           all the preventative precautions they could.

                           Patricia A. Doyle, PhD Please visit my "Emerging
                           Diseases" message board at:
                           http://disc.server.com/Indices/93896.html

                           Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa

                                           MainPage