Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:54:50 -0500
From: Bill Fetzner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Politics] Environmentalism the new Marxism

Feeling blue about the state of your email inbox? Then
you'll be tickled pink to hear about our free email
organization solution. Learn more at
http://click.topica.com/caaabBybz8RyXa86V89a/register

Keri writes:
Consider the source of these articles (see above), just read another
wonderful
"source" pointing out that gays account for most of the molestation cases in
young men!
This was from the Baptist news out of Tennessee.

I guess you don't want to write about environmental extremism eh. Well, I'll
ignore your side track and push a bit further. Here's an essay by a
President of Greenpeace, Dr. Patrick Moore, who certainly can't be faulted
for right-wing rhetoric. He echoed the concern of many environmentalists
that there were dangers elements that were attracted to that movement, much
like the dangerous elements attracted to every ideological movement of the
past. Moore wrote:

"Surprisingly enough, the second event that caused the environmental
movement to veer to the left was the fall of the Berlin Wall. Suddenly the
international peace movement had a lot less to do. Pro-Soviet groups in the
West were discredited. Many of their members joined the environmental
movement, bringing with them their eco-Marxism and pro-Sandinista
sentiments. These factors have contributed to a new variant of the
environmental movement that is so extreme that many people, including
myself, believe its agenda is a greater threat to the global environment
than that posed by mainstream society. Some of the features of eco-extremism
are: anti-human, anti-technology/science, anti-organization, anti-trade,
anti-free enterprise, anti-democratic."

What he doesn't identify, but what we can easily piece together from the
dangers of extreme environmentalism and the contemporary scene, is that
environmentalism in many cases has been anti-energy as well, and the debacle
in California proves it.

We see many of these anti-elements in the activities of environmental groups
today. Just on this list we've heard from people who mix anti-business with
pro-environmentalism. Others speak out against the WTO activities,
disguising their rhetoric by asking us to object to US meddling in the
affairs of others. What they don't tell us is that radical environmentalism
fully intends to meddle in the affairs of others. That is its hallmark,
that's why it attracts Marxist ideologues, and that's why its policies have
so often severely damaged business and trade.
~ Bill
http://www.heartland.org/earthday96/choices.htm

~Check out other Hot Topics lists at
http://www.topica.com/hot