I have not kept my computer turned on and attached to a modem and I havae not been discontinued from Juno.
I am on both juno and netzero.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: [CTRL] NetZero: Juno Merger Announcement

In case any NetZero member isn't aware of it, a few months ago Juno instituted a policy requiring all members to make their computers available to the service so that they could use members' hardware to run various computations (at least that's what we were told they were doing with our computers)...

In other words, as part of your agreement to be a Juno member, you had to agree to keep your computer turned on and attached to a modem so that Juno could access your computer at will to use it to run programs that it said it was running for companies that had paid for the service; Juno claimed that it was doing this as a way to keep its service 'free'.  If a member did not allow this access, we were told that their Juno membership would be discontinued.

My guess is that NetZero members will soon find themselves presented with this demand to make their computers available to the service, too...

June

Check out Alternative Kite radio at:  http://www.live365.com/stations/242153
Bravenet IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here