-Caveat Lector-

This is very sad news - what I liked at the end no flowers, send money
to 'humane society".

When my sister died, she had made the request that money be sent in lieu
of flowers to Cat Welfare.....her obituary covered in a few publications
to do with commerce, etc., on the front page  and I received many
letters and phone calls from people she had helped over the years....Cat
Welfare sent me letters in gratitude for being remembered .

Now Mrs. Fletcher will not receive other calls as did I, condemning my
sister for donating all that money after her death, to Cat Welfare..

Cat welfare was a refuge for unwanted cats, where they would not be
killed at the local pound......the pound destroys cats daily often not
holding them for the legal time period prescribed.

A man's best friend when all is said and done, is his dog......loyal,
true, who is always there in good and bad times.   Seems the Colonel was
a good judge of character.

He probably took special note of little John John's dog at the airport,
all alone - waiting for his master, who never returned - just a little
mixed breed dog who was taken home by his sister.

Truly nice people.

Saba