-Caveat Lector-

Tenorlove wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-
>
> --- Kris Millegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > who or
> > what do you see as the sinster forces loose in the world?
>
> LARGE CORPORATIONS. A rhetorical exercise, if you can stomach it; if
> not, that's OK. Take the Protocols or any other writing of the "Jewish
> conspiracy" genre. Delete the word JEW and substitute the words
> MULTINATIONAL CORPORATION. Delete the word ZION and substitute the
> words WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION. By doing so, I think a much more
> realistic picture emerges. And large corporations have no ethnicity or
> religion, so it is not (yet) "hate speech" to name them for what they
> are: predators. I qualify with the words "large" and "multinational"
> because I don't want to include small businesses, Ma & Pa places,
> home-based operations, in my condemnation.

I totally agree with you about large and small businesses. The problem
is size and the power that goes along with it. But I would point out to
you that the corporation is NOT the equivalent of " Jews " in the Jewish
conspiracy theories. There is a * group * who is that equivalent. They
are the * Rich * . And, if you plug in *the rich* into almost any of the
extant conspiracy theories, you will notice the fit. That's because in
all societies at all times since the development of agriculture, those
who were rich, whether they were Royalty, the Aristocracy, the Clergy,
or more recently the Merchant or stock owning class, political power comes
with wealth. And, power and wealth = control. And, control by a few = no
freedom for the rest of society.

Wealth and power are interchangeable. If you are not rich but achieve
political power, that is a road to wealth because the Rich will pay you
nicely to service them. The perfect example is Bill Clinton. If you are
already rich and want power, you can buy you way into any political system
to get that power. The best examples are the recent ones like Steve Forbes
and too many others who have bought high political office with their personal
fortunes.

The solution is to institute preventative measures limiting both wealth and
power. Leave enough incentive for people who want to, to get rich. But put
a ceiling on wealth. No one should accumulate enough private wealth to
control society. The same goes for corporations and other institutions.
This can only be done through democratic means ( non-violently ), or through
violent overthrow of the rich elites as was done in France, Russia, and many
other places throughout history.

Joshua2