-Caveat Lector-

With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff

For the story behind the story...

Wednesday, June 20; 2001 5:17 p.m. EDT

Streisand: Energy Conservation for Thee but Not for Me

A day after left-wing looney Barbra Streisand decided to go public with
recommendations on how to solve California's energy crisis, a
representative said she didn't intend to follow her own advice.

"She never meant that it necessarily applied to her," explained
Streisand's spokesman to the New York Times Wednesday.

Despite the Hollywood mega-star's decision to flout her own energy
guidelines, Streisand's Web site, where her "Call to Conserve" manifesto
appeared over the weekend, remained unchanged as of Wednesday afternoon.

"As the weeks progress and our energy crisis worsens, I find myself
wondering why the citizens of California have not been called on and
encouraged to play our part in helping deal with this problem," the
way-out warbler opined.

"While our elected officials are trying to ease this crisis, the people
of California need to remember the positive impact that energy
conservation can have."

Folks should cut back on use of their computers and air conditioning,
she says, and avoid using clothes dryers.

"Try to line dry as much as possible," the millionaire singer advised.

Just don't look for the former "Funny Girl" star to start drip-drying
her own pricey designerwear by draping it from her chandeliers.

Still, the blatant hypocrisy didn't stop Streisand from invoking the
memory of the late JFK to sell her energy pitch.

"A call to conserve must be issued to Californians just like when
President John F. Kennedy called on the citizens of America with his
words, 'Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do
for your country.'"

At least Barbra is willing to meet Kennedy halfway. She's happy to do
the "asking" - but the actual "doing" will be up to others.

                      Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

          FROM THE DESK OF:

                    *Michael Spitzer*    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>