-Caveat Lector-

Battlefield uses of biotech proposed in report to Army
     Tue Jun 26 14:18:57 2001
http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=149495&article=3493

     Battlefield uses of biotech proposed in report to Army

     Carl T. Hall, Chronicle Science Writer

     Thursday, June 21, 2001

     Even though biological weapons are banned,
     military planners are actively searching out new
     ways to bring biotechnology to the battlefield.

     A new scientific report, commissioned by the Army,
     was issued yesterday by a panel of experts. It
     highlights an extraordinary range of military
     "opportunities" in biotech, ideas that many experts
     said would be developed whether the Pentagon
     wants them or not.

     "It's clear that biotech is going to change the way
     we fight wars, and it's also clear we have to get
     there first before the others get there," said study
     co-author Mauro Ferrari, a professor of internal
     medicine and biomedical engineering at Ohio State
     University.

     The list of possibilities reads like an inventory of
     props for a spy thriller set sometime around 2025,
     which also happened to be the "planning horizon"
     for the National Research Council's 16-member
     Board on Army Science and Technology, authors
     of the new report.

     Among the ideas:

     -- Bioengineered tracking agents soldiers would
     swallow before going into the field, which could
     help the Army follow troop movements and maybe
     allow sensor-equipped snipers to distinguish friend
     from foe.

     -- Nonilluminating paints to make military vehicles
     invisible to radar.

     -- Wrist-top biosensors to guard against germ
     warfare, combined perhaps with vaccines that could
     be developed rapidly in the field and "functional
     food" rations laced with edible vaccines.

     -- Armor as flexible as skin, tough as an abalone
     shell and enhanced with "living characteristics," such
     as the ability to heal itself when torn.

     Even more far-out possibilities fall under the general
     heading of biology- based "performance
     enhancement" for soldiers, including brain implants,
     real- time monitoring of gene expression and
     performance-enhancing drugs.

     Some items on the list raise ethical problems, which
     were not addressed in the report, titled
     "Opportunities in Biotechnology for Future Army
     Applications." Just what circumstances might
     warrant tracking a soldier's DNA, for example,
     were not spelled out in any detail.

     Instead, authors of the new study identified five
     "high-priority" areas where the military was told it
     should focus research: "self-replicating systems for
     wound healing," small-scale vaccine production,
     rugged computer data-storage devices, "shock
     therapeutics" and genetically tuned vaccines.

     Robert Love, staff director for the panel, said the
     military had no choice but to explore all sorts of
     new ways to support troops in the field, citing such
     possibilities as bioengineered field rations designed
     for easy digestion.

     Biosensors ingested by soldiers, for example,
     represent "a very important idea" for tracking troops
     heading into harm's way, he said. "The digital soldier
     already carries a lot of electronic equipment," he
     said. "This is a new dimension of intelligence on the
     battlefield."

     But the panel steered away from speculating as to
     which gadgets might actually work and which might
     be better left on the drawing board.

     The main point, said panel chairman Michael
     Ladisch, a professor and director of a biotech
     research lab at Purdue University, is that the military
     needs to take this stuff seriously -- even if some of it
     does seem outlandish now.

     "There are lots of different ways this could develop,
     and a lot of it is going to develop anyhow," he said
     during a phone interview. "The Army really needs to
     keep on top of things."

     Right away, he said, that means bolstering the
     military's ability to evaluate biotechnology. The idea
     is to equip the Pentagon with the expertise to
     determine which research projects are important to
     the country's defenses, and of those, which can be
     left up to private industry and which need Pentagon
     grants or technical help to bring to fruition.

     Meetings to go over those details are planned with
     military brass later this year, Ladisch said, after the
     Army, which is the lead service branch for
     biological defense, has had a chance to digest the
     new report's findings.

E-mail Carl T. Hall at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2001/06/21/MN158957.DTL
HERE IS YOUR NEW PAGE, SCARY!
Secret US Human Biological Experimentation
http://www.apfn.org/apfn/experiment.htm
Re: (APFN) Secret US Human Biological Experimentation
     Mon Jun 25 08:27:10 2001
http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=149495&article=3413

     I would suggest that people be warned befor going to this article.
While it is of the utmost importance to read and consider, let it be known
that it will try your sanity to even think that human beings can be so
evil in the name of science and warfare.

     Much of this material I was informed of during my military experieces,
but some of this does come as a surprise even to me. It adds to the anger
and mistrust of the operatives within our government to a deeper scale.

     We are in fact at war within our own borders, with our own people.
God help us if we fail to get control of this horrifying group very soon.

     Thank you and God Bless. - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
'Something Is Frighteningly Wrong With The American People Now.'
Chemtrails: Taking A Stand
http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=149495&article=3480

Lynn M Stuter
The Delphi Technique. What Is It?
Tue Jun 26 11:39:48 2001
http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=149495&article=3479

Aleisha Saba
Psychological Operations in Guerilla Warfare
Tue Jun 26 12:21:50 2001
http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=149495&article=3482

Dennis P. Slatton
Fellow American Patriots,
Tue Jun 26 11:13:08 2001
http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=149495&article=3476

Please take the time to think about this
     Tue Jun 26 12:05:40 2001
http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=149495&article=3481

UR NEW PAGE:
Armey Exposes Traffic-Light Spying
http://www.apfn.org/apfn/traffic-light.htm

TESTIMONY OF JOHN C. DANFORTH BEFORE THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE
http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=149495&article=3489

Letters of Reference
http://www.apfn.org/apfn/resume.htm

"WE ARE APT TO SHUT OUR EYES AGAINST A PAINFUL TRUTH... FOR MY PART,
I AM WILLING TO KNOW THE WHOLE TRUTH; TO KNOW THE WORST; AND TO
PROVIDE FOR IT." ---- Patrick Henry
http://www.apfn.org