-Caveat Lector-

First amendment issues are always touchy and there is always the question of
what exactly should be considered free speech. A good example is a recent
case in Boston where a 10 year old boy was brutally beaten and raped by two
pedophiles. When the police arrested the two men and searched their
apartment they found a wealth of pedophile literature including a magazine
published by NAMBLA - North American Man Boy Love Association. One of the
articles in the magazine described various methods on how to lure young boys
into apartments or other structures and apparently, from their confessions,
these two men used the methods described in the article to lure their victim
into their apartment.

The prosecutors of the case went forward and pressed charges against NAMBLA
as co-conspirators in the child's murder. Immediately the ACLU (American
Civil Liberties Union) rushed to NAMBLA's defense, claiming they had done
nothing wrong but exercised their first amendment right. Now, personally I
feel that if you publish an article targeted to pedophiles, on how to commit
pedophiliac acts, in a pedophiliac magazine you stand as guilty as those
committing the act. There's a big difference from writing "I think the age
of consent should be lowered to 10 years old" and "Here's how to lure a
young boy into your home for sexual intercourse.