-Caveat Lector-

>Thomas said the relationship took place about seven years ago and that it
>ended in a tense breakup initiated by his daughter. Thomas said he decided
>to describe his daughter's account to FBI agent Todd M. Irinaga because he
>learned that the relationship was discussed by Levy and Condit in April,
>about two weeks before the 24-year-old intern was last seen.

Hmmmmm....

Okay, let's look at the timeline...

Sometime in 'early April', the flight attendent Anna Marie Smith visits
Condit at his apartment and discovers a strange hair (or two or three or
more).  Smith immediately recognizes that the hair is a woman's, and not
Smith's.  Smith now openly states that she discovered Levy's hair, whom
she supposedly didn't know about...Smith has also said that during her
10-month affair with Condit that she had a 'vague feeling' that she
wasn't his only chippy, but didn't know any details.  But then she turns
around and names Levy by name as the owner of the hair Smith finds in
Condit's apartment; either Smith is lying about not knowing details of
Condit's other affair(s) prior to that date, or Condit provided details
regarding Levy at that time.

Now according to Thomas, Levy confronts Condit sometime around the middle
of April regarding his relationship some 7 years previously with Thomas'
daughter.  One presumes that Levy confronted Condit about this because
why would it take so long for the subject to arise, if Condit had been
open about his other relationships?  It seems highly unlikely that the 2
discussed this subject as part of 'sweet pillow talk'...

One has to wonder HOW Levy suddenly found out about at least one other
illicit relationship of Condit's...and if the mid-April 'discussion' of
the matter had anything to do with Levy's internship suddenly ending...

So again, one wonders if perhaps Smith sought out her rival to let her
know about Condit's relationships with many other women.  If Condit had
told Levy that she was the only one he was seeing or had ever had an
affair with, Levy could have presumably been very hurt, disappointed, and
angry...angry enough to have confronted him about a week after Smith's
discovery of Levy's hair in Condit's apartment.

This is all conjecture...but the timing of the events seems a tad
coincidental...

>Thomas's account of his daughter's affair with Condit has been known to the
>Levy family since mid-April, before Chandra disappeared. By then, the Levy
>family knew Chandra was having a relationship with the congressman,
>according to family members.

Again, one has to wonder why, after being so adherent to the secrecy
rule, Levy suddenly decided to let family members know the name of her
paramour in mid-April, about a week after Smith's visit to Condit.

>At the Levy house that day, Thomas said he and Susan Levy talked about
>Condit, gingerly at first. "Then Mrs. Levy asked me if I've ever heard
>anything about him and other women," Thomas said. The two eventually
>confessed to one another that both their daughters had relationships with
>Condit. "I told Mrs. Levy that with my daughter, it ended badly, that I
>think her daughter should end the relationship with him right away," Thomas
>said.

So again, going back to the timeline:

1.  Sometime in early April, Smith discovers Levy's hair in Condit's
apartment, hair which she now states without equivocation belonged to
Levy; either Smith knew about Levy before that point or Condit provides
details on that date.  Smith also states that she became very frightened
and concerned for her own safety on this date, ostensibly due to seeing a
couple of ties tied together.  I suspect something 'else' or 'more' made
Smith fearful for her life than just seeing the ties, although discussion
brought about by her asking about the ties probably revealed the
something 'else' or 'more' that suddenly made her afraid, where she
hadn't been afraid before...

2.  About a week later, Chandra Levy 'talks with Condit' about an affair
he had with Minister Thomas' daughter some 7 years before; about this
same time she reveals to her parents the long-secret name of her lover,
and Susan Levy goes on a 'fishing expedition' with her gardener, who just
happens to be the father of the girl Levy 'talks with Condit' about
around the same time...

I suspect that Smith confronted Levy and provided details of Condit's
other affairs, information Smith very likely gained the week before when
she confronted Condit over the strange woman's hair she found, and those
tied-up ties...

Either Condit named more names than Levy's to Smith, including the Thomas
girl, and Smith than gave that name to Levy (One can imagine Smith
perhaps telling Levy "Wake up and smell the coffee!  You and I weren't
the only ones he's fooled around with, he's had affairs with...", at
which time she named names, one of whom Levy recognizes as the daughter
of her mother's gardener; Levy confronts Condit with the info, and
probably his response was 'unsatisfactory' to her, so she calls her
mother, reveals the name of her 'friend' to her mother for the first
time, and gives some details of what she's just found out and asks Mom to
verify the details for her, which she does.

A variation on this conjecture would have Chandra going to her mother
first after Smith told her of the other affairs...perhaps Smith may have
not had any names, but Levy would have remembered that her mother's
gardener's daughter had been an intern for Condit (or another district
congressman) 7 years ago, and would have perhaps known of Condit's other
affairs...so Chandra reveals all to her mother, asks her to fish for info
from Minister Thomas, and they end up with the bombshell that Thomas' own
daughter had an affair with the congressman, and that the affair 'ended
badly'; Chandra Levy remembers Smith telling her that she (Smith) is now
afraid of Condit and now has a second woman saying the same thing; Levy
then confronted Condit with what she'd found out...

3.  Around this same time, Levy's internship suddenly is ended, and she
finds herself without a job; did the internship end BEFORE she confronted
Condit with her knowledge of his other affairs, or AFTER....?  Could Levy
perhaps have been trying to blackmail Condit into getting her a permanent
job in D.C. by implying that she would go public not only regarding their
own affair, but all of Condit's prior affairs...?

June

Check out Alternative Kite Radio at
http://www.altkiteradio.trancetechno.com

Alternative Kite Radio (low-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Radio (high-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Summer Beachparty Radio (it's always summer somewhere)
Alternative Kite Holiday Radio (everyday's a holiday)