-Caveat Lector-

JOHN E. MACK, M.D.

THE UFO ENCOUNTER PHENOMENON: WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF OUR RESISTANCE TO ITS
REALITY?

Insofar as the UFO encounter phenomenon draws serious attention at all in
academic circles, the focus has been upon trying to prove or disprove its
reality by the methods of empirical science. In our view this is, at best,
an expectable distraction; at worst it draws attention away from the
meaning and power of this and related phenomena for our lives and the
future of the planet.

In native cultures and mystical traditions the reality of visitations to
the Earth by a great variety of living entities is well known. Why then are
these occurrences considered so remarkable and denied so vigorously in our
society? One reason is that the UFO phenomenon appears to penetrate into
our three dimensional material world, the one domain of reality which we
have learned, or been programmed to believe, is real, as if the barrier
between the unseen or spirit world has become sanctified and impassable.
Further, the facility with which technologically advanced beings seem able
to enter our world is threatening to the techno-intellectual hubris that
has placed humans at the top of the cosmic intelligence hierarchy and
through which we seem to be striving to protect ourselves from the forces
of the universe and death itself. But even beyond these potent dynamics
there is the meaning and challenge of this and related phenomena to our
scientific worldview, and all of the investments--political, economic,
psychological and spiritual-that have derived from it.

(At the Prophet's Conference) Veronica Goodchild and I will discuss the UFO
encounter phenomenon against the backdrop of native and mystical
traditions. We will consider the resistances researchers face in trying to
communicate, especially within the mainsteam of our culture, the content
and impact of the encounters. We will look at the implications for human
identity, the emerging new cosmology and the relevance of the encounters
for the future of the planet's life. We regard the current radically
secularist worldview as more an atrophy of consciousness (with catastrophic
consequences) than the progress of reason and rationality. The UFO
encounter phenomenon is one among a number of anomalies and spiritual
experiences that are transforming human consciousness. We will discuss the
implications of this transformation for survival and human possibility and
strategies for hastening its emergence.

----------------------------------

An esteemed professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, and a
Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer, Dr. John Mack has worked closely with
hundreds of individuals from around the world who have reported
life-changing experiences with so-called "alien" beings. Dr. Mack reports,
"The people who have these experiences move. They change. They grow. They
transform. They become Earth-conscious. That is why I seek to give them
voice, for they become passionate on behalf of the stewardship of the
Earth."

In his books Abduction and Passport to the Cosmos, Dr. Mack suggests alien
encounters and other phenomena such as near-death experiences and
'past-life' recollections are vehicles for recovering perennial wisdom. He
places emphasis on spiritual transformation as the nexus of the alien
encounter experience, even likening it to a shamanic expansion of
consciousness.

THE PROPHETS CONFERENCE - VICTORIA is pleased to have JOHN MACK, M. D. join
the unprecedented visiting faculty congregating in the beautiful setting of
The University of Victoria, BC, Canada during the weekend of August 17-18,
2001.

Full information is linked for you at:

http://www.greatmystery.org

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT