-Caveat Lector-

I never said I was a doctor of anything and nor am I. "Dr Umbj" is not what I
put down as my name when I resubscribed but for some reason that's what has
come up. But if it amuses you Mr Hennessey I will retain it.

But let me reiterate my point that if anyone has a cartoon like image of the
world, of a simple dichotomy of "good vs evil", it's the anti-globalisation
demonstrators with their emotive oversimplified claims that an evil
capitalist juggernaut of multinational corporations is taking over the world,
submerging democracy while stripmining the poor regions. The reality, at
least in my humble un-PHDed opinion, has a grey hue with the costs of
globalisation exaggerrated by its opponents who tend be either
anti-capitalists (who are going to hate it anyway), good old-fashioned
economic nationalists (who have a vested interest in maintaining autarky) or
finally, anarchists (revolutionary dreamers). Its benefits are also
exaggerrated by its proponents, but we already knew that didn't we...?