-Caveat Lector-

>MODESTO, Calif., July 20 -- A Pentecostal minister who told the FBI of an
>affair between his then-18-year-old daughter and Rep. Gary A. Condit informed
>investigators this week that he had fabricated the story, a law enforcement
>source said today.

What's not being mentioned is that this minister and his daughter both
disappeared -- or at least left their home for an undisclosed location,
making themselves unavailable to outside sources -- right after the
minister's story broke.  It would be interesting to find out where they
have been, and with whom they HAVE been in contact with...

So if Otis Thomas was lying, he was lying to Levy's mother (who forwarded
the news to her daughter) BEFORE Levy disappeared...again, why?  What did
he stand to gain in MID-APRIL by telling Mrs. Levy this alleged
falsehood?  Or by telling it to the FBI, instead of selling it first to
the tabloids, as Anna Marie Smith's "friends" did with her story?

>Thomas said he told the FBI of the relationship during an interview conducted
>here by Special Agent Todd M. Irinaga. Four law enforcement sources confirmed
>that the minister had been interviewed and that authorities were interested
>in talking to the daughter. For several weeks, Thomas said he tried to
>persuade his daughter to talk to the FBI, but he said she refused and even
>traveled out of the state to avoid coming forward.

Which tends to lend CREDENCE to Thomas' story...if it was indeed a lie,
if the daughter sincerely wished to disavow it, why not trot right off to
the FBI and tell them "My father's confused...I didn't want him to know
who the REAL father of my son is, so I let him believe it was that
congressman..."

The fact that she still refuses to talk to the FBI suggests that the girl
is indeed in terror for the wellbeing of herself and her child...

>Susan Levy, Chandra Levy's mother, confirmed Thomas's account in interviews
>in May and June. She said she called her daughter in Washington, told her
>what Thomas had relayed and urged her to break off her relationship with
>Condit. About two weeks before she vanished, Chandra Levy called her mother
>and told her Condit had "explained it all," Susan Levy said.

Which suggests that there was something more to it than Jennifer Thomas'
allegation that she has never met the congressman...

>In a brief interview with The Post before the story appeared, Thomas's
>daughter was asked whether her father's account to the FBI was true. She
>replied that she did not want her photograph in the newspaper and then said,
>"I don't want to talk about that."

Again an opportunity to clear the air, if she really wanted to...if it IS
all really a lie, why didn't she say so to the reporter...or even just a
"Fuck off, asshole!"?  "I don't want to talk about that" suggests that
there IS a "that" to talk about....

June

Check out Alternative Kite Radio at
http://www.altkiteradio.trancetechno.com

Alternative Kite Radio (low-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Radio (high-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Summer Beachparty Radio (it's always summer somewhere)
Alternative Kite Holiday Radio (everyday's a holiday)