Interesting item from the Cincinnati Enquirer (years ago I nearly took a
job there but decided to stay in college); however, in this story you
see how Larry Flynt the blackmailer operates - and how Larry Flynt was
arrested for act of sodomy in public place.

This man Flynt received a nice letter from our sodomist President for
all his assistance.

Flynt donated more to the ADL than Marc Rich - and what ever happened to
Marc Rich?   Anything ?

Organized crime is slowly taking over our government......all one has to
do is to turn on the trashy television with the trashy movie stars and
their trashy performances - and it is all too obvious what is happening
in America - for now it is said they want to "mainstream" pornogrpahy
which has been a front for drug money .....note Wall Street lots of
people losing their shirts, but pharmaceuticals is up - and so, we know
where the drug money the illegal kind, is being funneled.

Saba

Interesting Item here.    See how Larry Flynt operates then wonder about
what really happened to Gary Condit and William Jefferson Clinton -
remember Jonestown and how they got rid of Congressman Ryan who walked
into a planned trap?   Mark Lane, got away.

And Mark Lane was in with Larry Flynt when Flynt got gunned down -
always out for a fast buck this front man who was also at Jonestown and
involved with Rick Strawcutter who receied last communications from
Heaven Gates before they were "suicided"........Flynt is real dead man
walking for he was legally dead and brought back to life .....

C I N C I N N A T I  E N Q U I R E R
O P I N I O N

Sunday, January 12, 1997
Support your local sheriff

BY PETER BRONSON
The Cincinnati Enquirer

FLYNT ONCE ARRESTED FOR PUBLIC SODOMY

Q&A with Si Leis

Q. Is Hustler magazine still illegal?

A. ''Yes. The trial took six weeks and was based on 11 issues of the
magazine. The jury convicted him.

''He has threatened to bring it back. I can assure you that if he brings
it back, my men will pick it up and bring charges. ... I have no doubt
that if the case is handled right, he will be convicted again.''

Q. How did you feel about being portrayed by former Clinton adviser
James Carville?

A. ''Unbelievable. I never knew he was an actor.''

Q. Whom would you choose?

A. ''I'm not into that Hollywood scene much. (Laughs.) Maybe Tom
Cruise.''

Q. Did you get an invitation to the movie?

A. ''I received several.''

Q. Are you going?

A. Silence. Hard stare. Slight smile. ''You gotta be kidding.''

Q. What do you think of the way the movie compares Larry Flynt to
Charles Keating?

A. ''Charlie Keating had nothing to do with the trial. He was just a man
who stood up to say what was wrong.''

Q. What do you think of Larry Flynt now?

A. ''He's a sicko, that's what I say. I'm reminded the man is a sicko
because normal people wouldn't do what he's done.''

The double-tough, poison-on-porn lawman who ran Larry Flynt out of
business, out of Cincinnati and directly to jail was once just a
snapshot away from appearing in Larry Flynt's Hustler magazine.

Hamilton County Sheriff Si Leis still shakes his head and laughs
ruefully about how close he came to having his picture in the skin
magazine that he successfully prosecuted as criminal obscenity in 1977,
as Hamilton County prosecutor.

''It was a bad scene,'' he says, thinking back.

''They had a mayors' conference in Cleveland, to discuss the blight of
obscenity on cities. I was invited and took my first assistant, who is
now Judge Fred Cartolano. I made my talk, and we're sitting in the back,
listening to the other speakers, when this gal appeared and identified
herself as a lawyer for some city out West. She said her city was having
an obscenity problem and wanted to talk to me, one-to-one, to ask how we
handled it.

''So Fred and I went down to the bar in the hotel, and she shows up, and
suddenly there's this second gal. . . . About halfway into the
conversation it changed and became very personal. Fred and I realized at
about the same time that something was funny. He caught my eye, and I
caught his eye, and we excused ourselves.''

That night at a reception, they saw the two
women again - ''dressed to kill, just dressed to kill and working the
room,'' he said. ''We steered clear.

''And sure enough, later when I got back home, I got a call from a
police chief in Missouri. He said, 'You gotta help me, my mayor's in
deep trouble. My mayor's going to be in the next issue of Hustler.'

''And damn if the next issue didn't come out and there was this mayor,
his arms around these two gals, and they had a business card he gave
them with his room number on the back. There at this conference on
obscenity.

''I could have innocently allowed my picture to be taken. I could have
innocently given them a business card.''

And if he had done that, the prosecutor who was fighting a trench war to
rid Cincinnati of Larry Flynt's termite mound of porn and corruption
would have been cut off at the knees - tried and convicted in colorful
Hustler photos: first-degree hypocrisy.

The sheriff is tough. He has little patience with the way Cincinnati
shakes its head, goes ''tsk-tsk'' and pretends he's just some lonely
caped crusader of community standards - voters have overwhelmingly
supported their local sheriff for 10 years, and backed him as a
straight-shooting judge and white-hat prosecutor before that. So he gets
scratchy sometimes.

But not even his rabid enemies call him a hypocrite. And although
Hollywood chose a truth-defying Houdini from the Clinton Circus, James
Carville, to play him in the movie, the name is L-E-I-S, not I before E.
The sheriff is no liar.

The story of that slimy honey-trap hustle does not appear in the movie,
The People vs. Larry Flynt, that premiered in Cincinnati last week so
Oliver Stone's new Great American Hero, Larry Flynt, could come back and
''tweak his nose'' at the Queen City.

Here's another thing Hollywood won't tell you: Larry Flynt was a
contagious, sexually transmitted disease in Cincinnati.

''If he had not been stopped, he would have corrupted the whole town,''
the sheriff says. He won't go into details - ''It's like opening old
wounds,'' he said.

But when Larry Flynt was busted on charges of public sodomy and
discharging a firearm during a sex act at a downtown bar, an
investigation of two vice cops who were present unraveled a snarled web
of Cincinnati Police corruption that eventually led to prosecution and
convictions of vice cops and the chief of police, Carl Goodin.

Chief Goodin's 1976 conviction for perjury and tampering with evidence
was reversed on appeal in 1978.

But the ugly picture is that Larry Flynt had cops in his pocket. And
although the movie mocks Mr. Flynt's conviction for organized crime, it
was no joke.

''His start-up money came from organized crime figures in Cleveland,''
the sheriff says.

So where would Cincinnati be now if Si Leis had not drawn a line at the
city limits to set community standards?

''Adult book stores. Massage parlors. Adult movies,'' the sheriff says.
''And yes, corruption.''
Instead, Cincinnati is famous for being a buttoned-up family town with a
grateful shortage of degrading sleaze. ''You can bring your kids
downtown and walk around without being afraid,'' the sheriff said. His
office is in a building that people call ''The Justice Center'' -
without any cynical winks or crooked wiseguy grins.

In Cincinnati, The People vs. Larry Flynt is Bedford Falls vs.
Pottersville. It's shopkeepers in a tumbleweed town hiding behind locked
shutters vs. Gary Cooper in High Noon.

But those are old Hollywood scenes. Corny. Unhip. Not cool. Today,
Hollywood's ''best'' movie is about a child-molesting,
heroin-shooting, religion-jeering moral arsonist who sold his own wife
in centerfolds to make a buck hustling human flesh.

 Larry Flynt was depraved when the word was still an insult. Nobody has
done more to degrade our culture in so many ways that we're all learning
to regret. His ''victimless lifestyle'' was a cancer of social decay.

And now he's a Movieland ''success'' because he won a First Amendment
battle in court.

''I'll be honest,'' the sheriff said. ''The way the media treats him as
a hero - it's an outrage. I'm flabbergasted. That's my biggest
disappointment.''

I'll be honest, too. I agree.

Making a First Amendment hero out of Larry

Flynt is like watching Moses part the Red Sea, then falling on your
knees to worship the oozing mud it was covering. The real miracle is not
Larry Flynt - the miracle is a Constitution that tolerates even weevils
like him to avoid contaminating our liberties with pesticide.
Hollywood can rewrite reality and make it look like the people lost vs.
Larry Flynt. But the sheriff who cleaned up Cincinnati has no doubts.

''We won. He's not here in this town. There is no corruption anymore, no
massage parlors, no adult book stores. People who move here don't want
to leave. It's safe, a good place for a family. What more do you need to
say?''

Just one thing:

''It all depends on how you measure success.''
Peter Bronson is editorial page editor of The Enquirer. If you have
questions or comments, call 768-8301, or write to 312 Elm Street,
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202.

HOLLYWOOD CREATES SLICK, DEPRAVED LIE

Search | Questions/help | News tips | Letters to the editors
Web advertising | Place a classified | Subscribe | Circulation
Copyright 1995-2000. The Cincinnati Enquirer, a Gannett Co. Inc.
newspaper.
Use of this site signifies agreement to terms of service updated
4/5/2000.

http://enquirer.com/columns/bronson/011297_pb.html