-Caveat Lector-

"c." wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-
>
> yeah- it is all horrible- but i suggest that missiles + suburban area =
> civilian casulties. the deaths cannot be considered accidental. they are all
> murders.

Ok. If you say so. But I reccommend that you look into the history of Arafats
PLO. You will find that everywhere he fought the Israelis with terror tactics,
Jordan, West Bank, but especially Lebanon, he ALWAYS placed his headquarters
in the most densely populated Palestinian areas.

You understand the reasoning? It's so that when the Israelis retaliated, they
could get people like you to say exactly what you did in this case. The
alternative is to let them get away with bombing civilians in Israel.

These special assasinations of Hamas and Fatah are spectacular. Ther has been
very little killing of non targeted civilians, while they are killing off their
enemies' leadership.

If they were Nazis, they wouldn't bother.

> you cannot win a war with suicide bombers. it is akin to a cry for help from
> a powerless individual- hoping to draw attention to the problem by extreme
> means- self harm or harming others in a spectacular, extreme way.

Whoa there cowboy. Before you wet you handkerchief too much. There is a world
of difference between what these heroes do, suicide terror bombings of
civilians, and say for example what the Budhist Monks did in Vietnam. Both
sacrificed themselves. Which is an individuals right, but the Monks NEVER
killed anybody else. And...The Monks succeeded. They turned the American
public around. The Palestinians won't. They'll just die in droves and take
some Israelis with them. Or they will succeed in bringing in the tanks.

>  the reality is a powerless, oppressed, ghettoised population making futile
> gestures of opposition against an *intensely* funded modern army.

What would you do in their place? Would you continue this stupid policy,
or would you think about other options?

> none of israel's apologists wish to comment on whether israel should obey
> the UN resolutions.

No they shouldn't. Not under current conditions.

> i would also like to know this-  if israel have such peaceful intentions to
> the situation- then why do they not allow independent observers observe the
> situation?

They will. Independent observers are there now, and have been there for years.
It's not about independent observers. It's about allowing the Europeans in.

J2

Have you looked?

J2